FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation

by Fenty Beauty

What it is: A hydrating, long-wear foundation that delivers comfortable, medium-to-full coverage in a natural finish perfect for normal to dry skin.

Coverage: Medium

Finish: Natural

Formulation: Liquid

Skin Type: Normal, Dry, and Combination

Highlighted Ingredients:
-Grape Seed Oil

Ingredient Callouts: This product is cruelty-free.

What Else You Need to Know: Long-lasting coverage and hydration in 50 shades, each delivered in a portable tube. Get a perfectly smooth, natural-looking finish that lets skin look like skin. Rihanna created this formula with grape seed oil and sodium hyaluronate to make a foundation that normal and dry skin types will love.

Do you find the shade range to run lighter? Does it apply well with a brush or is a beauty sponge the better application method??
I was wander does this foundation has full coverage ?
Start your review of FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation!
a month agoSan Francisco , CA
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation uploaded by Annie Y.
Review for: 180 - for light skin with warm undertones
This foundation is amazing! I purchased this in the shade 180. It has medium buildable coverage and leaves a dewy finish in my skin. I personally usually go for a matte finish foundation, but I find that the hydrating foundation works much better in climates that are more humid. I have oily combination skin, but usually the inner cheeks and nose area tend to be quite dry. With a matte foundation, it seems to crease more easily and not sit well in those areas. However, with this hydrating foundation, it held up well and didn't cake. I also like that the humid weather did not make my foundation melt off. It just seemed to add more dewiness to my skin. It is pretty long wearing and did not clog my pores. What I also love about it is that it is in a tube with a pump, which in my opinion is less wasteful and more hygienic. I have better control of how much to use. The other thing I like is that a little bit really goes a long way. 2-2.5 pumps is enough to cover my entire face and give me the coverage I prefer. I highly recommend to get color matched at Sephora and give this foundation a go! FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation
13 days ago
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation uploaded by Evelyn W.
If you’ve been thinking about it, just try it! It is so good! The shade range is incredible. For the first time ever I bought a foundation that was too light and had to exchange. I also have super dry skin. This foundation has done so much for my skin. It’s so lightweight and airy. Even with this foundation being scented, it hasn’t bothered my sensitive skin at all. My skin looks nice and feels hydrated. This foundation has a nice soft finish. I’d say it’s more of a medium coverage. It is buildable but not quite full coverage, but hey that’s what concealer is for. I totally recommend this for anyone with skin that’s a little more dry. I’ve also been using it with the new Fenty hydrating primer which is also incredible!
8 days agoRochester, MN
Review for: 100 - for very fair skin with neutral undertones
SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. I’m dry/oily combination skin and the original was too matte for even my oily spots. This is so smooth, blends out so nicely (without drying before you can blend it out) and leaves my skin looking healthy with a nice medium/full/buildable Coverage. It’s not heavy feeling and layers beautifully. I wish it was more coverage though. Comparing to Marc Jacobs Remarcable or Smashbox studio skin 24 hr wear full coverage foundation, it’s not that full coverage as those two foundations are FULL coverage with the same weightless/non cakey feel and look! Still good overall if you’re wanting something more comfortable from fenty.
a month ago
I wanted to try this because even though I have oily skin the pro filter was just to dry looking. It made my skin look like construction paper. I usually don't go for hydrating foundations but this claimed to not look dewy. I tried this over a primer that I know works well with my skin. I don't like multiple layers of foundation so I only used one. It has high medium coverage. It was comfortable on the skin and it looked really pretty for about 2 or 3 hours. That's with setting powder and spray. I wouldn't use this on it owns again. The lasting power just isnt there for me. Next time I will mix this with the pro filter
2 months agoGrand forks , ND
Review for: 230 - for light to medium skin with neutral undertones
I wanted to love this foundation so much because it just SPOKE to me, hydrating, long-wearing, nice ingredients....but....I just couldn't. I have combo skin, not too dry  but I do get a little oily in my T-zone by the end of the day. I can wear other dewy foundations without having to do much other than powder and blot throughout the day, but this one?? Completely broke up on me. It applied so nicely, i had such high hopes. But throughout the day I noticed it getting patchy and breaking up around my nose, chin, under my eyes- it settled into my smile lines around my mouth and eyes. It oxidized to become a bit more orange, and I just looked oily as all get out. The weather was dry, maybe about 70? I didn't sweat or touch my face a bunch. It just...slid around. AND it settled into the pores on my cheeks. I wore my normal face lotion underneath, which works well with my other foundation favorites (TooFaced Born This Way, Lancome Teint Idole, NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, L'Oreal ProGlow), so I don't really want to blame that? But I have read and seen using the specific primer is supposed to help. but like...that's so extra. I was SO happy to wash my face by the end of the day, take this back to Sephora and exchange it for something else. I wish i could say I loved it but I guess it just didn't agree with my skin type!
a month ago
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation uploaded by Whitney J.
Review for: 420 - for tan to deep skin with warm undertones
Rihanna! I love this foundation! I believe she should have launched this one first. It is buildable. I have normal to combination skin, so this one is perfect for me. The matte foundation seemed to be a little too drying. I will definitely buy this again. Fenty foundation was used in this recent photoshoot with my husband.
2 months agoLos Angeles, CA
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation uploaded by Vee G.
Review for: 185 - for light to medium skin with neutral undertones
Tried out the new Fenty hydrating foundation. Love the formula and finish! Long wearing and great coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. I did apply Charlotte Tillbury flawless filter in shade 2,underneath for added glow. Fenty shade is 185 which was a little light because of all the sun I’ve been getting but perfect undertone so with bronzer and a light powder I was able to even out and correct face to chest tone. Love the new foundation Fenty 👏🏻. Stila lip shade is Caramello Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter. Marc Jacobs Beauty O Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan 104 Tan-Tastic! 0.08 oz/ 2.26 g. Dior Diorshow Pump'N'Volume Instant Volume Squeezable Mascara. stila Stay All Day® Liquid Lipstick. KEVYN AUCOIN The Neo Highlighter Sahara 0.74 oz/ 21 g
2 months agoMurrieta, CA
Review for: 190 - for light to medium skin with warm undertones
Granted this foundation is for more dry skin but I thought it would work for my combination skin because the Fenty matte foundation was much too matte for me. But this one didn't work for me at all. Definitely wouldn't spend money on it and good thing I only got a sample. Pros: -nice coverage -great color match Cons: -emphasized tons of texture -broke apart on my even dry areas in a few hours - got super cakey -felt very heavy on the skin... I could feel is all day and I couldn't wait to get it off after just a few hours.
a month agoMandeville , LA
Purchased at: Sephora
I am so glad Fenty came out with a hydrating formula! To be clear, this really isn't a super glowy foundation. It's more of a satin finish. Definitely not the ultra matte, porcelain doll finish of her Original. If you have normal, dry or even combo skin I reccomend trying this. I have texture in my cheeks from old acne scars, and I do not find it to accentuate it at all. In fact I find this formula very smoothing. Lasts at least 7 to 8 hours with some powdering in the middle of August in south Louisiana!
25 days agoPendleton , OR
Review for: 145 - for light skin with warm olive undertones
I am so impressed with this product! My skin is drying out because of the season change and my fitme isn’t wearing on my skin like it used to. I loved that foundation, but it started separating on my skin and clinging to my dry spots. So yesterday I walked into Sephora, asked for a great hydrating foundation and the girl put this one in my hands. My skin not only looked amazing, but it held out all night throughout sitting in a steamy hot tub too. The coverage I would say is medium to full with a dewier finish. This foundation comes in a pump/tube packaging and it’s smaller than I anticipated, but I didn’t need to use nearly as much as my fit me. When I first applied it with my sponge I thought that the tone looked super yellow on me, but then oxidized to the best shade match I have ever found. Magical. I also found that a lot of my skin texture was blurred out and that’s something I really struggle with in finding complexion products. This is priced at $35, which is pretty standard for high end foundations. I would definitively recommend this for someone with a similar dry and textured skin type like me. Will I repurchase this? Absolutely. What would we do without Robyn Fenty?!!!?

107 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
3 days ago
Jamie M. 2 days ago
I used to swear by the original but after getting the new hydrating foundation I'm never looking back. Love this one, a little goes a long way. #lovethedew
7 days ago
Rachel R. 7 days ago
Amazingly great makeup and doesn't disappoint even for dry skin just use a great moisturizer & primer before apply Milk Stick cosmetics.
10 days ago
Anais V. 8 days ago
I wouldn’t suggest it for oily skin unless you setting it with setting powder. My forehead is oily and it makes me very shiny. If your dry this is your go too.