BY FARSÁLI #5 in Face Serums

What it is:
An innovative water-based, dual purpose serum, which helps protect the skin from free radical damage, while preparing it for makeup application.

What it does:
FARSÁLI’s Unicorn Essence at Sephora is enriched with four superfruit extracts that are loaded with antioxidants—known for their antiaging properties: açaí berry, goji berry, elderberry, and blueberry. The Açaí berries and blueberries not only contain powerful antioxidants, they are also packed with vitamin C, which supports the skin tone. Thanks to its water-based formula, this serum will allow your skin to soak up the supplements, leaving it hydrated without a greasy residue.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

• Any recommendations on what type of foundation it works b...2 Answers
Bethany B.
Newport, MI
I don't know where to start. I flipped when I found out Farsáli was
coming here! I was against it to tell you the truth! I didn't want
Sephora to dupe them!
BUT ... this product ... now Unicorn Essence should be a staple for ALL
make up junkies!

Listen ... this stuff is magic. It's aptly named.

You use it on bare skin and it helps layer moisturizer AND/Or as a
primer.

I LOVE using it for both; AND and an eye shadow primer! I mean who else
has liquid shadow primers?! It melts into your skin. Not a trace of of
oil left behind on your skin! It keeps you from getting cakey!

...and note, your eyes will roll back into your head when you smell
this! You'll become obsessed with using it! And hey if you don't like it
return it! But trust me ... if you're thinking about it!? GET IT! You
can thank me later!
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I got the mini size of this product and I have mixed feelings about it. Firstly, I love the packaging. Even in the mini size it comes in a purple glass bottle which is very fancy to display. The dropper on it is great as well. It dispenses product well. It's a pink liquid with a little bit of shimmer (that I don't think translates on the face which is good) and it does smell amazing. The hype is real about that. It smells like fruit loops to me. What I usually do it put a few drops on my skin, rub it in, and then pat it. If you pat it it does become a little tacky and that's what I want when I use this as a primer. I do feel like it gives a little hydration to my skin but as a primer it doesn't wow me. Like don't get me wrong I like it but I feel like it keeps my make up normal looking and doesn't do much else. Like it keeps it on and it's not making it slip and slide everywhere but for the price I expect more. I've even used it as an eyeshadow primer and I get the same result. Good, but not great. I would use this in conjunction with another primer. I think it's a lot of fun but doesn't live up to the hype as much as I would like for the price.
Marybeth M.
Scottsdale
I recently began using the Farsáli Unicorn Essence daily and I am IN LOVE! Not only is the packaging luxurious (a nice, heavy glass bottle with metallic gold accents), but the sparkly pink serum itself truly screams magic. It smooths on like a dream and dries to touch relatively quickly. I feel it adds this glow and radiance to my skin that I haven’t seen before using other products. It’s great to use under makeup as a primer or by itself as an antioxidant barrier prior to moisturizing on those days you want to go makeup free. This product is a definite must have and I would recommend it to everyone. The only reason I’m not giving it five stars is because I don’t enjoy the fragrance of it and really wish that for the price they could make it smell better.
Jennifer L.
Miami
I love it – but honestly you can save your money on this, because of moisturizer does the same trick! Plus it’s very oily, so if you already have oily skin it’s not good! I live in Miami and it’s very hot so make up does not actually sweats off. And also cause me to break out a little bit. So if you oil he or sensitive skin save your money and just use your favorite moisturizer that works with your skin instead.
Kelly Scruggs M.
Rockwood
I use this serum underneath my makeup every single time I apply it. It is a wonderful, hydrating serum that works as a primer as well. Make-up sits on top of it beautifully and dries down completely without feeling tacky or sticky. It helps my skin tremendously when applying make-up and keeps it looking fresh and not cakey throughout the day. I honestly don't think I could see myself going without it at this point. Fantastic product that is worth every penny, to me.
Kenzie N.
Acworth
I struggle with oily skin during the winter (weird i know!). I bought this just thinking it was going to be another over hyped product from beauty gurus on instagram. After having a fun time dripping it onto my face and blending it into my skin, I immediately noticed a difference. My texture was GONE! As mentioned above, I struggle with oily skin and somehow this serum just makes almost any foundation work for me. It’s not drying either. My favorite combo with this is the Wet n Wild mixed with the Maybelline Super Stay foundation and my makeup stays on forever and looks BOMB all day!

Next time you’re at Sephora you MUST get this!
Jenn S.
This product is very fun! The packaging is cute, the serum itself is pretty, it smells very good, the application is fun, and it does what it says it will do. The serum is not heavy or oily at all. It's very light weight and it has a really fair and not dramatic shimmer to it. Its an iridescent pink/light purple color. The smell is something hard to describe, because I can't really think of anything else that smells like this. Maybe fruit loops with faint acai berry?? I really can't pinpoint it but I can say it smells fantastic! I LOVE this as a primer because it's so light and does not get oily throughout the day. I realized this was my new favorite go to primer when I ran out of my first bottle and went back to using my Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer (also not bad!) And my skin just seemed so much more oily and heavier throughout the day in comparison. I knew I had to go back to using the Farsali Unicorn Essence on a regular basis!!! I love this product so so much!
Alyssa M.
Jersey
So I have Purchased the full-size version of this product once, I used every last drop of it and I have yet to purchase it again, just because I’m trying to save up some money and it is pretty pricey, but it is the most amazing primer I’ve ever used if you want your make up to last all day. It works well with any foundation and for me it prevents almost all of my foundation from creasing, the main problem area is my smile lines but that area still barely creases with this primer. It smells so good and has a lot of antioxidant benefits for the skin and all I can really say is that it’s the best primer I’ve ever tried!! I love this and I think everyone should buy this and try it!! FARSÁLI Unicorn Essence
Nicholle A.
Berlin
A few weeks ago I was wandering Sephora and as I approached the counter to pay I saw the Farsali Unicorn Essence mini. Farsali products, I’ve noticed, tend to be rather pricey. The travel sized bottle was $20. While I was hesitant to purchase it, I had seen it all over Instagram and YouTube and decided it was my turn to try it. Simply put, I love it.
Just to start, the packaging, and the product itself, is ADORABLE. The little purple bottle and the sparkling pink serum look so cute i wanna bathe in it.
Unicorn Essence is packed with vitamin C, which is an antioxidant, to fight free radicals. Therefore, I do not leave my house without using this product. On a no makeup day I put it on before my moisturizer for the protection it gives, but also the natural dewy glow it adds to my skin without being oily or greasy.
If I’m using this product as a primer, I typically use the MARIO BADESCU Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber & Green Tea , then a moisturizer, a pore filling primer in my tzone, and then Unicorn Essence as an all over primer. Once the serum is massaged into my face it feels slightly tacky, which I LOVE for a primer, and it holds my foundation in place all day long, while protecting my skin from free radicals. I am so excited that I finally tried this product and I’m definitely buying the full sized bottle when I run out.
Natalie R.
San Antonio, TX
I have heard so many good things about this product that I went to Sephora to get a sample. It usually retails around $60 I believe but Sephora is offering a mini size for just $20. It’s great to use before applying your makeup to help prep your skin for the application. I thought because it’s a serum it wouldn’t mix well with makeup. As long as you wait a few minutes after applying the serum to start applying your makeup you’ll be fine. It last all day so there is no need to reapply after so much time has pass. I hope to receive this item for Christmas this year. I felt like my skin was glowing when using the serum #giftcrush
Paige C.
I have been wanting to try one of farsali's oils. Worth the price ladies?! 🖤
Ellyn M.
Detroit, MI
Is it possible to get a sample of this? If so from where? I want to try it before I spend $54 for an ounce of a product I've never used.
Paige G.
sterling heights MI
I've seen this oil go viral on Instagram but is it really worth it? What does it do that makes everyone want it, and is it worth the price?FARSÁLI Unicorn Essence
Melanie P.
Scott Afb, IL
Has anyone tried the FARSÁLI Unicorn Essence ? What are your thoughts ! I just bought it 😬
Vivian T.
West Covina, CA
Farsali Unicorn Essence or the Rose Gold Elixir? I want to purchase one but can't decide on which! The Sephora where I live do not have these in stores yet, but I'm so curious.

Sephora