BY FARSALI #5 in Facial Peels

Shake well before use. Apply to face and neck, morning and night for best results. Caution: Discontinue use if redness or irritation occurs. Keep out of eyes. For external use only.

- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Orange Peel Oil

Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Hillsborough , NC
I wanted to like this product, but I ended up returning it. As a nurse and clinical researcher, I wanted to look into reasons that products might contain gold flakes.There is no research-backed link to the use of gold flakes and anti-aging or skin enhancing properties. Companies that use gold flakes in their skin products put a bulk of the ingredient cost towards obtaining the gold flakes (which do not have any known skin enhancing properties). The rest of the products often times are of a lesser quality because of how much money was spent on adding the flakes of gold. Additionally, these gold flakes are absorbed into your skin cells. Eventually, the amount of gold can build up (because your cells don't have a way to get rid of the gold). Research suggests that the gold can, over time, build up in your skin cells, crowding out regular cell processes which can potentially accelerate skin aging. Gold that your skin absorbs is a novelty used to sell products. It is eye catching and evokes connotations from the ancient Egyptian associations between gold and anti-aging properties. Unfortunately, there is no research linking gold with anti-aging, and there is even the potential that gold building up in your skin cells can damage your skin, aging it faster!This oil has a pleasant scent , similar to an orange sweet tart. I used the product on my lips, face, and hands to give it a fair chance. I did not find it to hydrate better than other oils on the market (I highly recommend Marula and Rose Hip Oil). I felt like the oil was more lightweight compared to other oils on the market. For the price, I did not feel that this product was any better than other oils that are half the price. I have used many different facial oils (Rose hip, marula, argan, amyrynth, marcuja, and lavender) and I did not find this oil to be of note other than it containing gold flakes, Vitamin C and it's scent. Ultimately, the fact that your face absorbing gold flakes could potentially cause faster aging, and that the gold makes the cost of this product so much higher than it should be, I cannot recommend this and I made sure to return it to Sephora.
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I gave into the Instagram hype and bought this facial oil to nourish my dry skin and create a dewy glow for my makeup. This product itself is versatile. It works great as an extra layer of moisture to lock in hydration to the skin. I also like it to mix it with foundation or cream contour to create a more even, flawless application. It has a slight citrus smell which is nice. Not overbearing as I usually am not a fan of fragrance in skincare/makeup products. The more I use it though, the more I realize that this product isn't all that. The ingredients lists Rose Hip oil, Pumpkin Seed oil, Lemongrass oil, Orange Peel oil, Vitamin E, and don't forget the 24K Gold Flakes! I did further research and found that 24K gold might actually have no, or even negative, effects on the skin. I'll be staying away from that ingredient JIC. I think this product is definitely dupable by just using organic cold-pressed rose hip oil also. Not exactly worth the $54 splurge as it is dupable, but it is a nice luxury product. I do like the classy feel and smell of rubbing it into the skin or lips to prep for makeup and hydration. Will miss it in my collection.
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Atlanta, GA
I mainly purchased this product to help with the drying effects of my matte lipsticks, especially during the winter months. I ended up using it all over my face. It's actually a bit more watery than oily, so it doesn't feel like you have slathered oil all over your face. Which is especially great for me and my oily Tzone.

I have figured out that in order to use it under foundation or powder as a primer of sorts, you should let it air dry for a couple of minutes. I have put on my powder foundation on top before letting it dry a bit and it seemed to not really apply as well. This could also be because I use a light coverage foundation and I don't use a lot. Also, you should still use a moisturizer prior to applying the elixir.

This product has been great for my Tzone, keeping the oil at bay. Usually I get a lot of oil to accrue in that area but with the elixir, that oiliness is gone.

As for my lips, it has been a godsend. My matte lipsticks can come out of hiding because a little bit of the elixir allows for a smooth and clean application of the lipstick. No clumpiness or super drying look.

Mo K.
Mo K.
New York , NY
Buying this Farsali Rose Gold Elixir  was definitely the result of "Instagram made me buy it". Thinking I would be using this non-stop, I bought the big bottle almost a year ago and have barely touched it.

I was so excited when I bought it, but was completely let down. First, I cannot stand the smell. It smells like orange Tic Tacs, which I hate. It's not the most long lasting scent, but it still bothers me. The packaging is quite nice and appealing; however I have a hard time actually opening the dropper from the bottle. I'm unsure if mine was just a manufacturing mishap or if it's common, but it's very annoying.

A little goes a LONG way with this product. If I knew this beforehand I would have bought the smaller bottle, seeing as I thought I was going to love it. You only need to put a little on your lips and it does take a while to soak up, so I would recommend putting it on before you do any makeup. That way it is dry when you want to put your lip product on.

I will say it is extremely hydrating and the gold flakes are cute, not practical, but cute nonetheless. Overall, I would not recommend this product as it seems more of a gimmick.
Paighton W.
Paighton W.
Las Vegas, NV
This Farsali oil is okay. I mainly bought it to help blend my foundation and/or cream contour easier. It works great adding to your foundation but I found that my foundation oxidized so much darker than normal. And when I would use it to blend my cream contour, it would just take off my foundation. I don't know if it's because my foundation isn't "thick" enough or it's not full coverage. I've seen videos of other girls doing it but it doesn't work for me.
With that being said I do like using it at nighttime. I cleanse my face, then I go in with the oil. Afterwards I add a gel moisturizer on top. And it makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized when I wake up in the morning.
As far as the scent goes it smells extremely good! It has a citrus scent.
I purchased it for $54 plus shipping on the Farsali website, so it added up to $60. But now it's available on the Sephora website for $54 plus free shipping.
Elora M.
Elora M.
Grand forks, ND
Ah, yet another hyped product that has tons of mixed reviews. Here's my opinion, if you're interested:
I found this oil smells great, has a pretty lightweight feeling (as opposed to other oils I've tried, ex: coconut, flax, chia, etc. I noticed it made my foundation look less cakey, but that's because it takes away some coverage, so if you don't like light-medium coverage (if you prefer full coverage) this may not give you what you want as a "primer." BUT! I don't know why, but I noticed every time I used this under my makeup, the Tarte Shapetape concealer did not blend out as well - which is weeeirdddd because that concealer is usually butter. I thought it was bad skin days at first, but I realized it was indeed just the days I used the oils. That could just be me, but it was weird.
Honestly, I gave this 4 stars because it's an alright product that didn't disappoint me, and I will continue to use it until it's gone because it smells great and *does* moisturize, pretty well. I usually take it down my neck if I put it on my face, and my neck stays soft/ low-key greasy throughout the wear time.
Could you find another oil cheaper than this that does the same thing? Totally. If you have about $60 to spend and have been interested in trying this? Totally. You can definitely get a sample from Sephora, so maybe try that before splurging.
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I would give this a million stars if I could! I absolutely love my rose gold elixir it was real gold flakes in it and when I put it on my face it gives it just the right amount of glow! And the next morning my skin feels flawless! You can also put it on your lips and it moisturizes and leaves them feeling great with just the right amount of shimmer I honestly don't know what I would so without this it is one of my absolute favorite and a beauty must have for me! It's a little expensive but to me totally worth the extra money because it works so well! It is a little on the oily side but your skin will feel so great after using it and you can also wear it under your foundation and it goes great with foundation too there is so many ways you can use this I can't even name all of them on here I just highly recommend giving this product a try you won't regret it at all!
Ana L.
Ana L.
Lawton, OK
Ok I've been using this for the last 30 days and I LOVE IT. I have used the Aragon oil and it doesn't compare. It has become part of my routine before I go to sleep and in the morning. It's great alone or under your makeup. I use exactly 8 drops for my face and neck. I believe that using this in small gentle circles is good for your skin because it promotes circulation. I'm also sensitive to sweet smells and this has a refreshing citrus smell. It does not cause any kind of headaches.

Update: I liked what the oil did when I first began to use it and I think if the citrus smell hadn't gone away I would still be using it. It actually has an old oil smell to it now and it's very unpleasant to me. I don't use as much as most women on the how to videos but I never thought in a million years the smell would even be an issue. It has a short shelf life.
Amelia 🎨.
Amelia 🎨.
Winter Park , FL
This stuff really surprised me by how effective it is. The gold flakes feel so luxurious and the product itself feels nice and smooth but not greasy for an oil. I personally have combination to oily skin and this doesn't clog my pores or make me look shiny. I love to combine it with my moisturizer or use it alone. I usually add som to my lips and under my eyes, then blend out over my dry areas and over the rest of my face. The added moisture and shine of the gold really help with my under eye circles. I understand that it's a "luxury" product but I'd give it 5 stars if it wasn't so expensive for the amount of product.
Trish W.
Trish W.
Ooltewah, TN
Ok, so I actually really liked this product A LOT. I found that it didn't irritate or break out my skin at all. A little product went a long way. It felt more oily than other moisturizers I've used, but that is expected since it IS an oil, yet that did not bother me, since I found that it helped blend in my foundation on my face well. The scent is strong but I actually really liked the citrus smell. I also found that my skin wasn't as dry as it has been previously using this product. The product is pricey, and I'm guessing that may be from the pieces of gold flakes in the serum. They don't show up on your face or anything like that - they absorb into your skin as you rub it in. I honestly think the product could do without the gold. I actually think that would improve this product, because from what I've read, gold can actually be detrimental to your skin and even accelerate the aging process. And for those reasons, I won't give this product 5 stars. I was going to re-order but upon finding that information, I will most likely be looking elsewhere. I'll probably still be using oil based moisturizers, but without the gold flakes! Farsali Rose Gold Elixir
Marica S.
Marica S.
Is this okay to use as a moisturizer?
Hannah T.
Hannah T.
Are Farsali products safe during pregnancy?
Trisha P.
Trisha P.
Doral, FL
Hey Influensters! I know I'm late but what are your thoughts on the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir ??
Amie W.
Amie W.
Calera, AL
Number one reason you love this?? Go!
Juana R.
Juana R.
New Castle, DE
Does it really work? Is it worth the money?