BY FANTOM DRIVES

XBOX PORTABLE GAME DRIVE 5TB ALUMINUM USB3.0 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE see more...

Review (1)
Fernando Rances Y.
Doral, FL
I'm an Avid Editor by trade, 20 years now... I've worked in LA for various studios and networks and I've ALWAYS used G-Tech. I literally have 30 at my home office right now, various ones at my regular edit bay. I always 'used' G-Tech because of their reliability when others have failed, like Lacie and Seagate.

However, G-Tech's prices are insane... literally 2-3x this price for 8 TB, which I now need with 4K footage. I was looking at the 'guts' of these and, huh, same as G-Tech's -- Hitachi. And, when you edit, you mainly need the 7200 rpm speed, which this has. Those are the two specs I liked from G-Tech... but with these prices so low, I was skeptical.

I have to say, I now own two 8 TBs and they've been rock solid.

The ONLY little thing I don't like, which almost all newer drives have, is the environmental thing where it spins down after a little while and you have to wake it back up. The G-Techs seem like they last a little longer before spinning down... but that's a minor thing. This spins down after about two minutes of not being used, which actually preserves the life of it so it's a good thing.

Anyway, this is amazing and I'm on Amazon today buying a third :)