Fangirl

by Unknown

Cath and Wren are identical twins, and until recently they did absolutely everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair any more - she wants to dance, meet boys, go to parties and let loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She's horribly shy and has always buried herself in the fan fiction she writes, where she always knows exactly what to say and can write a romance far more intense than anything she's experienced in real life. Without Wren Cath is completely on her own and totally outside her comfort zone. She's got a surly room-mate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words. And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone. Now Cath has to decide whether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she's realizing that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible.A love story about opening your heart by Rainbow Rowell, the New York Times bestselling author of ELEANOR & PARK - Fangirl now comes with special bonus material and available with either a green or pink cover. Which gorgeous cover will you receive? It's a lucky dip! Praise for Eleanor & Park: "Eleanor & Park reminded me not just what it's like to be young and in love with a girl, but also what it's like to be young and in love with a book."-John Green, The New York Times Book Review "This sexy, smart, tender romance thrums with punk rock and true love. Teen readers-not to mention their Gen X parents-will swoon for Eleanor & Park." -Gayle Forman, New York Times bestselling author of If I Stay and Where She Went "A breathless, achingly good read about love and outsiders." -Stephanie Perkins, author of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door

Is this book depressing in any way?
I have just brought this book as I've seen so many people like it. Is it an easy book to read or will it take time to get into the story?
I've been looking for a new good book to read do you recommend this and why?
Start your review of Fangirl!
How would you rate this product?
2 years agoCromwell, CT
Fangirl uploaded by Jennifer K.
Fangirl. Un libro lleno de una dinámica muy especial que me flechó y ahora Rowell Rainbow es una de mis autoras favoritas. Es un libro fácil de leer. Te engancha al instante, te hace reír y te saca lágrimas. El libro es muy hermoso. Y si son fans de Harry Potter les encantará mucho pero si shippean a Draco con Harry mucho mejor ya que la protagonista(Cath) escribe fanfics de un libro muy parecido a Harry Potter pero en este caso a ella le gusta la pareja principal de la novela que serian Simón Snow y Baz, los dos son chicos👬. Bueno en resumen ella va a la universidad y no puede adaptarse y ahí conoce aun chico. Cath hora tiene que decidir se puedo abrirse con nuevos amigos y con ese chico? Un excelente libro Saludos
a year agoThe Villages, FL
This review first appeared on my blog. This may have only been the second book I finished in 2018 (wow, I’m slacking), but it’s my favorite book of the year so far. I also undoubtedly know that this book will make most likely the top 5 for my favorite reads in 2018. Fangirl was just such a fun read that had me completely invested before I even realized I cared that much. There were a couple of times where I put it down, looked at it, then picked it up again and kept reading just because I couldn’t leave Cath and Levi. Cath and Levi were so amazing together – they were such a great contrast to each other. I was a little disappointed we didn’t get to see more of them happily together, but everything leading up to how the ended up played out perfectly. There was absolutely, in no way, any kind of insta-love. It actually took them slightly annoyingly long to get together fully, but they didn’t even have to be together to be perfect. It felt like every weakness one had was contrasted in the other, and it resembled a really great meshing of two people because neither dominated the other – they were entirely equal and equally dependent on the other. Cath was also one of the most relatable character I have ever read, which is something I have heard several other people say before I even read it. I, personally, used to write Harry Potter fanfiction a long time ago, so I found that aspect of her so personal to myself, as well as her being a freshman. I would not go to the dining hall alone either for at least the first half of my first semester of school for the same exact reasons; it was so hilarious seeing things I didn’t realize in myself in her, and I feel like I even had a little bit of character development of my own in realizing those things. As a person who doesn’t typically enjoy contemporary, I feel that other readers like myself will greatly appreciate this book. This is a great intro to contemporary book for fantasy lovers as it includes Cath’s fanfiction of Simon Snow, which is a take on Harry Potter. So it’s kind of like an adorable love story mixed in with some fantasy. If you really like Cath’s writing of Simon Snow, you can even read her whole fanfic, Carry on, which is the companion novel to Fangirl.
2 years agoMIAMI, FL
I have read two Rainbow Rowell books, this one and Eleanor & Park, and just have not been able to get into them. I find them a tad too hipstery and, as an English major myself, I couldn't find myself relating to any of the characters. I only kept reading up until the two characters I wanted to end up together hooked up and then I ceased reading the book. I can see why some people would find this enjoyable but it's just not for me. Sorry.
3 years agoHinton, WV
Read this in 9th grade, loved it! So interesting. You should read it if your into love books. Hope to read more by this author. Was cute but kinda long! Would recommend this to a friend or family member!
3 years ago
Once more, Rainbow Rowell does not disappoint. A beautiful story of falling in love, with fun characters you can't help but falling in love with too. The plot is interesting and well written, and the book keeps you wanting more. Awesome book!! Awesome read!! Highly recommend
3 years agoSandusky, OH
I came into Fangirl with high hopes. The beginning half of the book was perfect. God, I was Cather Avery (with a little bit of drunken Wren thrown in for good measure). This could have been my autobiography. Rowell so perfectly captures the chaos and the pain of college - of anxiety - of being thrown somewhere you know you have to be. It hurt. How many times have I tried to explain to people about the fashion show that is undergraduate English (outfits fresh from Urban Outfitters and ModCloth - oxfords without scuffs, socks with frills on them. Frills!)? The whole big glaring problem of boys. Of people in general. The seething resentment toward Uggs. The plight of a writer finding her way. IT WAS SO GOOD.
2 years agoSpringdale, Ar
I really didn't care for the simon snow inserts. I know that's such a huge part of the book, but I didn't want to read them. I cared about the characters, just not about simon snow. I wanted to like it.
3 years ago
I just don't think Rainbow Rowell books are for me. It didn't live up to the hype. I don't feel closure at the end of this book - I don't even know how Simon Snow ends! (Not that I really cared. Those passages were getting annoying.) I can see why some people like it. I found it amusing that this book was about writing a fanfiction (because lets be real. If said you hadn't read fanfic, you'd be lying. I've been reading fic for 10+ years, if not longer.) I enjoyed that part. But Simon Snow felt too much like Harry Potter for me to care.
3 years ago
This book! I don't even know where to begin! This book is just so amazing. I have never read a book in which I can relate so the main character so much. It's a roller coaster of emotions. I love the writer and her writing style. This book made me cry. It made me laugh and made me want to just throw it across the room in frustration. The only and only complain I can really give about this amazingly gorgeous book is that the ending is just to sudden. I needed at least 10 more pages.
3 years agoTrussville, AL
Such a cute book! It's so relatable and just gets you right in the feels. The main character is a fan girl of a childhood book series (I think) and she writes fanfiction about the two characters while starting a romance of her own. It's quirky and adorable and I really enjoyed it!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...