Alyssa T.
Kutztown, PA

Does anyone know if buy feeding this to kittens they'll get the runs, I want to treat my kittens a bit from time to time but I'm not sure if I should because of this, I hear about.

Pasadena
8 months, 4 weeks ago
*their
Pasadena
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Stick to kitten food and then slowly lean them on to regular cat food. Never just start them off with regular cat food, there stomachs will definitely hurt and get the runs.
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
Milwaukee, WI
3 years, 10 months ago
Make sure you are feeding them kitten food. It is not as harsh on their tummies as adult food can be. My kitten never had a problem.
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Canastota, NY
4 years, 2 months ago
When introducing any new food to a cat or kitten, they can get diarrhea. For that reason, you should always introduce new foods slowly. At first, just add a tiny bit to their current food every other day, and then after a while, like about a week, make it every day, and then slowly increase the amount over the course of a month or so. If they start to have loose poops, back off with the new food.
Teresa R.
Teresa R.
4 years, 3 months ago
I have two kittens, and I mix wet food in with their dry food, and haven't noticed any problems with the runs.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Smithfield, PA
4 years, 9 months ago
I feed my cats dry food all day and in the evenings i give them one as a treat and they do fine with this cat food for a treat......i also use it to worm them that way they don't know because all they taste is the food.....
Angelo C.
Angelo C.
New Rochelle, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
It should not give the runs, as a matter of fact it helps reduce it. It hasn't given my cat any problems.
Chloe B.
Chloe B.
4 years, 12 months ago
Maybe... Iams shouldn't be a problem though, I've had vets tell me Iams helps reduce the amount of poop...
rina c.
rina c.
5 years ago
I Personally Feed My Kitten Some And Nothing Happened At All, I Don't Know If It'll Be The Same For Your Kitten Tho. They All Are Different
Janine R.
Janine R.
Mesquite, TX
5 years ago
All cats are different. Try a tiny bit at a time to see how they digest it.