Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Kutztown, PA
Does anyone know if buy feeding this to kittens they'll get the runs, I want to treat my kittens a bit from time to time but I'm not sure if I should because of this, I hear about.
Pasadena
6 months, 3 weeks ago
*their
Pasadena
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Stick to kitten food and then slowly lean them on to regular cat food. Never just start them off with regular cat food, there stomachs will definitely hurt and get the runs.
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
Milwaukee, WI
3 years, 8 months ago
Make sure you are feeding them kitten food. It is not as harsh on their tummies as adult food can be. My kitten never had a problem.
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Canastota, NY
4 years ago
When introducing any new food to a cat or kitten, they can get diarrhea. For that reason, you should always introduce new foods slowly. At first, just add a tiny bit to their current food every other day, and then after a while, like about a week, make it every day, and then slowly increase the amount over the course of a month or so. If they start to have loose poops, back off with the new food.
Teresa R.
Teresa R.
4 years, 1 month ago
I have two kittens, and I mix wet food in with their dry food, and haven't noticed any problems with the runs.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Smithfield, PA
4 years, 7 months ago
I feed my cats dry food all day and in the evenings i give them one as a treat and they do fine with this cat food for a treat......i also use it to worm them that way they don't know because all they taste is the food.....
Angelo C.
Angelo C.
New Rochelle, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
It should not give the runs, as a matter of fact it helps reduce it. It hasn't given my cat any problems.
Chloe B.
Chloe B.
4 years, 9 months ago
Maybe... Iams shouldn't be a problem though, I've had vets tell me Iams helps reduce the amount of poop...
rina c.
rina c.
4 years, 10 months ago
I Personally Feed My Kitten Some And Nothing Happened At All, I Don't Know If It'll Be The Same For Your Kitten Tho. They All Are Different
Janine R.
Janine R.
Mesquite, TX
4 years, 10 months ago
All cats are different. Try a tiny bit at a time to see how they digest it.
Bayley M.
Bayley M.
4 years, 10 months ago
Only feed to adult cats, in good condition. Otherwise, stick to a vet-recommended food for your pet in particular.
Allison M.
Allison M.
Preston, CT
4 years, 10 months ago
We never had an issue with any of my cats ....I have 2 cats and have always split a can between the two
Cierra C.
Cierra C.
Spotsylvania, VA
4 years, 11 months ago
If I am remember correctly, Fancy Feast has some that are geared strictly towards kittens!
Danielle T.
Danielle T.
Oxford, CT
4 years, 11 months ago
You shouldn't feed your kitten just wet food. Mix a small amount in with dry kitten food so they can have a treat but not have their belly get irritated!
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Hazel Crest, IL
4 years, 11 months ago
The best thing to do is mix it with a little dry food
Melody M.
Melody M.
Ottawa
4 years, 11 months ago
I feed it to my kitten and he's never had any problems. He started eating it after 2 months or so.
Dana T.
Dana T.
Brentwood, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
I baby'sit my best friends cat all the time and she loves this stuff. She doesn't get it that often because it gives her bad gas.
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Philadelphia, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
My cat has never got the runs from eating this but from time to time it does make her barf. The ones that make her barf are the ones that are not shredded and cut into larger pieces.
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
Las Vegas, NV
4 years, 11 months ago
Fancy makes a kitten formula- use that until about age 1 year. It's formulated to be higher protein and easier on the kitties tummy.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
West Newton, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
Ive heard this to i feed my kitten wet food and dry food also and she hasn't gotten the run so she still gets wet food and dry food and she seems to be fine
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Grapevine, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
I would just mix a small amount in with their dry food
Amy H.
Amy H.
4 years, 11 months ago
My kitty had the runs from eating this once, but only once. It probably had an upset stomach or ate something unpleasant before this, but usually doesn't happen to my two cats.
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Kunkletown, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
See if there's a kitten formula. Fancy Feast is supposed to be one of the better "grocery store" brands. My vet always says that one can of any brand of wet cat food (maybe two in the case of Fancy Feast)per cat per day is better than the most expensive,nutritious dry food (maybe unless they're on a special diet for diabetes for example). Dry food is usually mostly carbs and in order to entice cats to eat it, pet food companies spray it with fat which causes cats to become addicted to the food and they gain weight. Also, cats are prone to urinary tract infections etc and the wet food is full of water which helps flush out their systems, keeping them healthier.