Arts & CraftsMediaMusic & Sound RecordingsIsland
Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree

by Island

Fall Out Boy: Patrick Stump (vocals); Joe Trohman (guitar); Pete Wentz (bass guitar); Andrew Hurley (drums).Fall Out Boy cooks up an immediately digestible combination of crunching rock, highly melodic songwriting, and expressive singing on 2005's FROM UNDER THE CORK TREE, the Chicago unit's first release on Island, and its most accomplished to date. Building on an instrumental foundation that owes debts to both hardcore (drummer Andy Hurley has a thunderous, bass-drum-heavy approach that gives the band tremendous muscle) and indie rock (guitarist Joe Trohman peels off melodic solos), Fall Out Boy packs quite a sonic punch. However, it is the group's songcraft that impresses the most. Each of CORK TREE's 13 tracks is rife with pop hooks. From the churning chords and expansive chorus of the opener (cheekily titled "Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued"), through the brightly up-tempo "Sugar, We're Goin Down," to the minor-key "XO," CORK TREE is overflowing with potential hit singles. Singer/guitarist Patrick Stump's clear tenor and evocative lyrics (which balance confessionalism, metaphor, and witty cleverness) are the icing on this sweet punk-pop cake.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree!
How would you rate this product?
Tanya A.
College Park, MD
1,544 reviews
This is the CD that really introduced Fall Out Boy to everyone and it's great. Every song is good. I own two versions (regular and deluxe) and I'd recommend this to any fan of Fall Out Boy, pop punk or music in general. It truly is a must listen.
emily S.
Kinsman
my from under the cork tree vinyl is a favorite vinyl of mine. it has such good vibes to it. songs are great, cover art is outstanding. couldn’t think of a better soundtrack to my late nights and early mornings.
Riah W.
2,040 reviews
This was the first CD I ever bought. I bought it at a Target my first time going and I was so ecstatic. I loved every song on this album and I was so happy that I got it so cheap. This is an amazing album and I'd recommend it to any pop punk fan or Fall Out Boy fan.
Jessica R.
Ogden, UT
I love this band so so much and this is by far their best album. A lot of the songs I love is on this album and it has the more retro rock style that I love. I recommend 100%

Looking for your answer?