BY FAGE #52 in Yogurt

Fage is a Greek dairy company and one of the major dairy brands in the country. It is headquartered in Athens in the Athens Industrial Area west of downtown. It manufactures dairy products including milk, yogurt and ice cream. The word φάγε (pronounced fa-yeh) is a singular imperative verb meaning 'eat!'.

• Has anyone used this as a sour cream substitute? And how does the...5 Answers
  • Does this yogurt come in big containers or just single serve?5 Answers
  • What is your favorite flavor?2 Answers
FAGE® Yogurt
  • "It is great to use in recipes- you can strain the yogurt by putting it in a coffee filter or cheese cloth and use it for dips, in pace of sour cream, etc." in 19 reviews
  • "This is my favorite greek yogurt, and one of the only REAL greek yogurts, most have thickeners added, greek yogurt is supposed to be yogurt with the liquids strained out, That's exactly what Fage is!" in 12 reviews
  • "This was the second brand I tried only because my favorite brand was out of stock at the time." in 5 reviews
  • "Fage Yogurt best greek yorgurt love to eat it has a great texture and also use it as sour cream" in 5 reviews
  • "Its great for a high protein snack and pairs well with fruit!" in 3 reviews
David B.
Bothell
To be honest, its difficult to write a review on a product without having knowledge of what exactly one is to look for. Having said that, as a "yogurt layman" I guess you could say, my evaluation of Fage is based solely on taste, texture, and flavor...

A lot of Greek yogurts I've tried have a foreign, almost tin-like top note taste to them. Such flavor basically ruins anything and everything experienced after that and deems that product inedible and never purchased again. The has occurred with brands on the lower end as well as those considered "premium". Fage stands alone in this arena and soars high above the competition. Texture is spot on and the strawberries taste like they were just orchard picked for you.

I cannot say enough about Fage, but will end with this: it is the ONLY Greek yogurt I will buy. Period.
Christine Y.
State College
Love this Greek yogurt because it isn’t disgustingly sour. I put up with Chobani for many years because it’s cheaper and I thought that’s what Greek yogurt was supposed to taste like, but then I tried other brands and realized it didn’t have to be so pungent. The plain Fage is my favorite, I add frozen blueberries from Wegman’s, and a drizzle of honey on top!
Jolene H.
The fage yogurt is rather disappointing. It has a very dry texture. Also leaves an awful aftertaste in the mouth. Then leaves the tongue feeling very dry. I feel like fage is a bit too expensive considering the awful taste. There needs to be a way to get rid of the dryness!
Rachel U.
Renton
Thick and creamy. The perfect addition to any sauce or dip in which you either want to lower the fat or just make slightly healthier. I feel like I don't have to sacrifice some of the best parts of dinner and snacks because the flavor doesn't change an exceptional amount.
Monique G.
Oregon
Thick, creamy, and rich! Not watery like some brands and had a smooth consistency. I bought it at Safeway on sale and thought it was a purchase well made. Normally something I might not buy because it’s more expensive, but it’s understandable due to the high quality.
Arely B.
El Paso
The best Greek yogurt. The taste is really good, a little bit acidic but nice. The price is a little bit high but you are definitely getting what you are paying for. The macros are BOMB! You are getting the best bang for your buck. Authentic yogurt and nothing else.
Arely B.
El Paso
sarahsdill D.
Seattle, WA
Love fage yogurt. It’s very thick and great to use as a substitute or sour cream, in overnight oats or to make dip for veggies it crackers. I haven’t found another option that’s thicker. Highly recommend even though it is pricier than other options.
Kimberly B.
I usually use my Fage yogurt for my overnight oatmeal’s. It is rich and creamy. I use the 0% fat and it does not skimp on taste or texture. It is rich and creamy and works wonderfully in dips and sauces in place of sour cream or cream cheese.
Mal M.
I bought this yogurt bedside it has such a high amount of protein in it. It is not particularly tasty by any means. I mix it in with my berries and banana smoothie. If I use this yogurt the smoothie doesn’t seem to taste as sweet.
tori s.
Staten Island, NY
What's your favorite fage yogurt product/flavor?
Teresa T.
Adrian, MI
My sister and I have been calling this "fay-ya," but I'm wondering if that's really how it is pronounced?
Lindsay L.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone used this as a sour cream substitute? And how does the taste/texture compare?
Kara K.
Falls Church, VA
Does this yogurt come in big containers or just single serve?
Britty H.
Columbia, MO
When I go to the grocery store there are several greek yogurt options, why should I reach for Fage?