BY FACEBOOK, INC. #7 in Websites

Keeping up with friends is faster than ever. See what friends are up to. Share updates, photos and videos. Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts. Text, chat and have group conversations. Play games and use your favorite apps.

Facebook is an online social networking service. Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

• What number is an influenster High Impact Score ??18 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite social media site Facebook I...5 Answers
  • How annoying is it when a post says something like "if yo...21 Answers
Facebook
  • "I love facebook as it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, I do wish they would stop making changes so often." in 78 reviews
  • "I enjoy it and the idea of it, but I only ever use it to get in touch with family members that do not know how to work other social medias." in 44 reviews
  • "I really hate the fact that it forces you to get the messenger app to message people, like it takes up so much space on my phone!" in 27 reviews
  • "I used to be obsessed with Facebook when we all left MySpace, but now I use it mainly to stay connected with family , but still really good app !" in 25 reviews
  • "I also find it to be very slow at times with updating what is going on in the feed, but other than that, it is a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends, sharing your thoughts, opinions, and seeing what everyone has been up to. " in 23 reviews
Star S.
I hate when this app wants to update and then you can't even change to most recent than the top stories. I think I use to be able to see most recent without clicking it on but now it's set to old news from 6 hrs ago. I mean it's not that important to me to see the old new posted. It drives me nuts when I have fb already open on my laptop and then when I get a new notification, my app shows the same thing but the time frame between the two, the phone is more slower. When scrolling, you see 'new stories' but the stories are like an hr or two old. It's not new fb. -___-
Christine G.
Good to connect but way too many ads. Constant ads in news feed for random products. Also, don't get to see nearly as many friend posts while scrolling without having to go to each persons page.
R3tro C.
El Paso, TX
Facebook allows you to keep in touch with your family and friends but not much else, I wish that there could be some way to customize my profile more.
Like Myspace before it went defunct... It's nice to add color and your own style to your page instead of the boring blue and looks like an office cubicle. It would be nice to have a choice. Another thing I dislike is that if you don't check your page everyday, Facebook will eventually roll out another update and will expose personal information if you posted any. So I'm constantly checking my privacy settings.
Samantha B.
Ok let me start off with Facebook is a social site where anyone can post what they like . I like it because it allows me to stay in touch with friends/family I don't see often , and find cool recipes that people randomly post. However though the social network allows people to post things I feel as if shouldn't be posted in this site where everyone can see. It causes a lot of drama that really shouldn't be on a social network . However its not my business I like facebook and continue to use it , it just would be better if people didn't post negativity on it .
Brianna L.
Williamsburg, VA
I've had Facebook since 2007. While it's nice to be able to keep up with long-distance friends and family and has been a lifesaver in staying in touch with my fiancé while he is stationed overseas for a year, it's becoming a bit boring and harder and harder to navigate updates. The mobile app update hid the choice to show Most Recent posts and they like to show days-old posts at the top of your News Feed, which is frustrating. It's becoming old fast and although I still visit every day, I don't spend nearly as much time on Facebook as I used to.
Alyse R.
I like Facebook a lot because of the connection it provides, but I also wish I could get away from it sometimes. It's definitely essential in my life for keeping in touch with others, staying connected to groups, and getting information, but it can be detrimental because of how time consuming and superficial it can be. It also has the potential to be a powerful platform for activism if used correctly!
Caroline W.
Cullowhee, Nc
Facebook has come a long way. I feel like I was with it in the very beginning before people recognized the social importance of it. Now, everybody has one! This social media website is very user friendly and often very entertaining. There are lots of way to maintain friendships, and lots of ways to politely disregard other people's statuses. You should look into this website if you do not have one. You will not regret it!
Tj B.
Sure one can use facebook as a way to connect with family, friends, and long lost pals. But often one gets overwhelmed by the amount of information that is coming ones way, even from those you don't really care to know that much about.

However, if you love sweepstakes it is often necessary for one to have a facebook account. Want to win a trip to New Zealand from your favorite airline, they often push the entry for the sweepstakes off their website and onto their facebook page. Want some exclusive deals and coupons, well it's often necessary to like a brands facebook page to get them.

You can find a happy medium between connection, discounts, and sweepstakes on facebook you just need to be proactive.
Jessica T.
Springfield, IL
I love facebook don't get me wrong, but some of their "updates" are not user friendly. The actual app itself is beyond slow. The face that you HAVE to download the fb messenger really grinds my gears. Why do I want to have to switch from the app I'm on to another app just to read messages??? So dumb. I also hate how you can't also edit or change privacy on posts in the app you have to open fb in the full site. I can't wait for another smoothr social media network to come along and replace facebook just how facebook replaced myspace.
Rosemaria S.
I like this because it gives you a chance to stay up to date with what is going on in society. There a lot of viral videos that I love to watch on there also, I like the fact that you are able to share them with friends so they can get a laugh or two. It is also great for getting back in touch with "lost" friends. The only con that I have is that you cannot pass the limit of 5,000 friends.
Sylvia O.
Baldwin Park, CA
How much time do you spend on Facebook throughout the day?
Ashley S.
Bronx, NY
Which Facebook games do you play? Which are your favorite?
Rachael W.
Titusville, FL
Do you like Top Stories or Most Recent for your newsfeed? I like most recent better!
Amy J.
How annoying is it when a post says something like "if you love jesus like & share, just keep scrolling if you hate him and are going to hell"?
Tiffany M.
What do you think of being forced to download the new messenger app?