BY FACEBOOK, INC. #7 in Websites

Keeping up with friends is faster than ever. See what friends are up to. Share updates, photos and videos. Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts. Text, chat and have group conversations. Play games and use your favorite apps.

Facebook is an online social networking service. Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

• What number is an influenster High Impact Score ??17 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite social media site Facebook I...5 Answers
  • How annoying is it when a post says something like "if yo...21 Answers
Facebook
  • "I love facebook as it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, I do wish they would stop making changes so often." in 78 reviews
  • "I enjoy it and the idea of it, but I only ever use it to get in touch with family members that do not know how to work other social medias." in 44 reviews
  • "I really hate the fact that it forces you to get the messenger app to message people, like it takes up so much space on my phone!" in 27 reviews
  • "I used to be obsessed with Facebook when we all left MySpace, but now I use it mainly to stay connected with family , but still really good app !" in 25 reviews
  • "I also find it to be very slow at times with updating what is going on in the feed, but other than that, it is a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends, sharing your thoughts, opinions, and seeing what everyone has been up to. " in 23 reviews
Beth L.
Feeding Hills, MA
Years ago i loved Facebook, everyone did. But now not so much. I have gotten people that got into my Facebook account. Now i have like 4 Facebooks account now. I tried deleted one and its still up and running. I have gotten locked out and gave up because you have to do your email and everything else. I have found that there can be a lot of drama sometimes and i stayed away for like 9 months. I just went back on because of Influenster and the social impack. I feel like i can't do much theses days without liking a page. I don't care to do Twitter page, instagram, or a blog page. I have been just going on Google+ and i really enjoy it. Its more about the stuff you love and make you smile, less about
Ciara G.
Dallas, TX
Facebook has been a constant in my life since 2006, but I must say, it's beginning to fall off slowly. I use to love it, and although I still use it fairly often, other social media platforms have begun to occupy my time. I hate the fact that we need a separate app for messaging. It's so stupid! I also hate the automatic face recognition. It's creepy. Facebook updates the app about every two weeks, and it seems they don't listen to consumers because they know they're going to always make money. And it's becoming a place for the older generation and once people my mom's age (like my aunts and uncles) get it and begin trying to add me, I know it may be time for me to move on to something else.
Marisol G.
I love Facebook and mainly used the app to keep in touch with family and close friends, I have had my account for 5 years and only add people that I actually know, My friend list is so small but I am happy because I am not the type of person that would add people just like that, I also like the privacy settings and I know that once is on the internet nothing is private but I tried my best to make sure only my friends see my post, I also use Facebook to share reviews and enter giveaways with the brands I love.
Sadie P.
Denver, CO
It's alright. I know it's one of the more In use social networks, but it has many flaws. It's far from easy to network much without paying advertising fees to Facebook. The fact you are limited to the amount of friends is difficult if you work in the entertainment business or are a startup. I've had my account disabled in the past because someone falsely claimed my name was fake. They took it down for weeks until after sending them copies of credit cards, ids, etc. did they realize my name was valid. I like the fact that you can run pages, and groups and are able to see events nearby. Though it's limiting, free to use but they make a profit off of members who just have basic profiles.
Jenny F.
Russell Spgs, KY
Facebook is definitely the biggest innovation in my generation. I can't even remember life before facebook! Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it is a part of every day life nowadays. I can only think of 2 people who don't have a FB account (my father and my grandfather). I love catching up with all my friends, family who are in different states, and also using fb to connect with other bloggers. I've actually slowed down on my fb usage over the last 3 months. I try to only log on 2-3 times a day, no more than 5-10 mins per visit. If not, it's 2 hours later, and I've not accomplished anything. It's definitely a distraction, but I think it's been a great invention!
Rebecca W.
Olivet, MI
Honestly Facebook's okay it's nice to see what's going on in your friends world especially nice to see kind of like posted time lines of things that are currently going on in their life but as someone that works with children why I think that it just causes a lot of drama with people people can just to freely say what they want without thinking about the consequences or share a room without that to you and so its just I don't know it can be such a negative thing two plus I just don't have time to do everything on Facebook and I don't like that they want my whole world I don't want the whole world to know all about me. I think it's just ok.
Christine P.
San Jose, CA
Facebook really helped me stay in touch and reconnect with new and old friends; especially with those who are long distance. I really like how they've updated their privacy settings so you can choose who sees what - which makes it feel safer than what it was before. I think FB is a great way to share information and opinions with friends - it's fun to see what everyone is up to, what deals they're getting, and in a sense be able to contact just your own community of people all at once. Planning events and sending invites is a cinch on FB too, and makes it much easier to get responses since most people typically already have an account.
Sandra D.
Facebook is great for keeping in touch with family and friends. It's also great for bringing groups with common interests together or keeping up with your favorite brands and contests. Being able to share updates on the fly is awesome. Games and chatting with friends and family is a huge plus. But the ever changing and updating of the privacy settings and info can be a little overwhelming for some. The Facebook mobile options are lacking and need much improvement as well.
Deanna M.
I mainly use Facebook to catch up with friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. Great way to connect with people you don't see every day. I check it at least once a day for notifications and stuff. Some people are really addicted and it's drama overload. They make changes a lot. Seems like when you finally get used to the current version, they make a new one. You're also forced to use the messenger app instead of just messaging through the Facebook app.
Yady R.
Gustine, CA
I believe this is one of those things that was meant to be good and then it became bad for decent, hard working people.

I see people trying to connect with people they have never met, know or care about, all in the name of having "the bigger friend list". Then parents go ahead and publish all their children's pictures and get upset when pedophiles get ahold of the pictures. People publish their personal information and thus making it easier for identity thieves

Even when your profile is private, not everything is private. We are at a point where we just want to share everything and keep nothing to ourselves.

Sylvia O.
Baldwin Park, CA
How much time do you spend on Facebook throughout the day?
Ashley S.
Bronx, NY
Which Facebook games do you play? Which are your favorite?
Rachael W.
Titusville, FL
Do you like Top Stories or Most Recent for your newsfeed? I like most recent better!
Amy J.
How annoying is it when a post says something like "if you love jesus like & share, just keep scrolling if you hate him and are going to hell"?
Tiffany M.
What do you think of being forced to download the new messenger app?