BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Catherine P.
Santa Elena
Still use it to this day. It is great since now you can make phone calls and video chat through the app. It makes it easy to communicate with others that have phones not in service or only have WiFi. Is combined Snapchat, instagram, and messaging all in one app. Perfect to save time.
Jazmyne M.
Bentonville, AR
Techie Expert Level 2
Quick access to your Facebook messages and notifies you right away so that makes it a lot simpler! Pretty simple to use. You can change the color of your chat bubbles, send stickers, links to videos, etc. would recommend if you use Facebook often!
Jessica B.
I really don't see the purpose in having an app that is for another app. Facebook should be able to let viewers view their messages without it. It just takes up more background data and space without any extra benefit.
Amanda M.
DeRidder
I have used messenger for awhile now, I do like the chat heads addition. Very easy to use, did take me a minute to figure out how to not show active anymore. sometimes you can easily hit the wrong chathead when you multiple open at once. Overall though I like this app.
Aleah G.
Ackerman, MS
Techie Expert Level 1
Facebook messenger is really easy to use. I like that you can send pictures and write on them and you can send stickers as well. It's a free app so that's a thumbs up. I do not see anything wrong with the messenger app so there is no need for improvement in my opinion.
Madison M.
Spring, TX
I hate this app. It takes up space on my phone that is completely unnecessary. Unfortunately, if I want to message anyone on my phone, I have to download this app. Wish this wasn't the case...
Elizabeth ūüĒ•.
Goodyear, AZ
Its a good way to keep up with conversation . And i love that it has photo filters as well but i don't like that it tries to keep all of your info and i also heard that if you give it permission to your audio that ppl can be listening to you at all times. Creepy.
Rochelle N.
Techie Expert Level 1
I like that you can message your friends for free as you have Internet connection. For android I enjoy the chat head bubble feature so when you're on other apps you can still communicate back with the person without having to leave what you're doing on your phone.
Brianna A.
Ringgold, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
1. I hate that you have to have this app, I'd rather read my messages on Facebook app 2. The app really does have some cool features like the calling and video chat. I do use it alot. I do have issues sometimes there is no picture or sometimes no sound.
Candice D.
Chesterfield, MO
I use Facebook Messenger on my phone to private message my friends without having to post on their wall. I think its a great app, it always works well & it connects with Facebook. Im not sure why theirs negative reviews? but It works for me! I say download it ;)
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?