3.14 / 5 based on 900 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
I like this since you can have the messenger open with out leaving what ever you were looking at on Facebook. i don't know why everyone was so against it!
This app is awesome for connecting with friends and family. It allows you to call and text people from all over the world. It helps you stay connected :)
I've never had any issues with this app. Love it. It's so much easier than logging into Facebook. It just pops up every time a Message appears. Great app
awesome app i love it and i use it all the time ! very useful and successful app , did not cause my phone any problems , so it is very safe
This application I like for their emoticons but I don't understand why all the updates are so heavy if they are all the same.. anyway I still like it
I love having this app instead of having to go onto Facebook to message! It keeps my conversations in check and is extremely convenient to navigate.
Great to connect over chats and share pics but does not meet high end quality when adhering to video calls or audio calls...slow in performance
A pain in the b*** to use and doesnt always tell me when I get messages. Never tells me when I have message requests and not easy to find either.
Facebook's app is good and functional, but I still don't understand why they needed to put the messanger function into a second, separate app.
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos