BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Josephine M.
It was a bit annoying to begin with knowing that you had to download this app to be able to message someone on Facebook but now, it doesn't really matter. Its a good app.
JENNIFER P.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Handy to quickly chat with friends and family. Leaves a little chat bubble up on your screen so you can access your conversations while doing anything on your phone.
AnneMarie D.
Dollard, QC
It's a good app if it's what you're looking for, but if you prefer just having the Facebook app, then you're out of luck because you can't have one without the other.
Robin H.
Mount Uniacke, NS
Not a big fan of the Facebook Messenger App. especially when you can't view your messages in the Facebook App without having the messenger app. The phone calls in the messenger app are very poor.
Sarah F.
Pretty annoyed that we can no longer msg through Facebook. This app takes up a lot ifs paceman my phone that I'd rather use for their stuff. And just skin can ready what people send me...
Joanly G.
Very good application because it allows much faster to send messages and do you llamdas or video calls. This application use daily and I love , it is very easy.
Robin G.
Techie Expert Level 2
I used to use Facebook Messenger all the time, but I hate how they made it into a separate app and added all these different features, it's too cluttered now.
Tasnim N.
Kebili, tunisia
I use this application daily , It is so useful when you don't have money to call someone , you can easily call them by voice or videos , really excellent work
Ermal B.
Prishtina
Why do we even need this, it's useless. The messages on the Facebook app worked perfectly until Messenger came and messed up everything. I refuse to use it!
Tiffany D.
I dislike that I don't have the option to NOT have the app in order to see my private messages. half the time, I am always having to sign into the app again.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?