3.14 / 5 based on 897 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
I like this app! I live 7 hours away from my best friends and this is how we communicate. We have a group chat where we can talk about whatever and it's as if I am there with them:) I can also send cute stickers and communicate with my family in Mexico:)
I hate that I have to download the Messenger app just to access my messages. Another issue I have with the Facebook app is that, the images either load slowly or do not load at all. Facebook although has its down sides, is an easy communication device.
So much handier than having to open up the full Facebook app just to get to your messages - Just open up the messenger app and they're there! Also I love that when you get a new message it pops up as a little bubble on your screen which is even handier!
It's an okay app. It does make it quicker to view your Facebook messages which is cool. Sometimes the circle with the persons face who you have most recently been talking to can be a bit annoying however I still love this app.
I like this app it has lot of stuff you can text with friend like share video or picture and even vocal and plenty of other things you can do its good for communication
Sorry but I do NOT like this App its not User Friendly.....I have no choice but to use it on my Smart Phone but I think the interface could be much better than it is and too it takes up so much Memory and freezing way too much
I was reluctant to use this because everyone is complaining lately about Facebook privacy and the messenger apop, but once I did use it I like it. I can keep a chat bubble open on top of my other apps and I find that handy.
Hated it from the first day I got the notification that I've to download this app to get my messages. The fact that all my messages will be in a different app and my notifications and feed will be in other is what angers me.
The permissions are nothing to be worried about... trust me if they want to spy on you they don't need your permission... lol other then that the app is fine, not needed i think... s the actual Facebook one was just fine
Free, easy to use, not really necessary but still, it pops up when you get a message. This way, you know immediately. Sometimes it does not pop up though ... I still don't get why sometimes it works, sometimes not
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos