BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Gabriela Z.
Vancouver, WA
Techie Expert Level 2
People are all the time at Facebook, so having a way to reach them instantly while they are there is great. However, I don't like the fact that this is a separate app from Facebook. Things were easier when everything was integrated in the same app.
Brianna E.
This app is good but also a little annoying. In order for you to have messenger on Facebook you have to download this app? And you have to allow them to access certain stuff on you're phone which makes it sketch. Besides that I do enjoy being able to talk to my cousins or friends from foreign countries. And you can call for free though this app.
Danielle W.
Aurora, CO
I truly hate that to receive any message now you have to have the app. Its unnecessary, another thing taking up soace, and I hate how the conversation bubbles pop up on your screen. It was WAY better when you could just use the regular app to send messages.
Chelsea S.
watauga, tx
I really dislike that the messenger app is separate from the actual Facebook app. I also hate that it updates you when you add a new friend. Overall I think they could have done better and try to make it better.
Kris J.
Clear Lake, IA
This app has become awful.  I don't like that they force you to have a separate app for facebook and messenger when on the computer you only use one.  Every time I open it, it wants me to add one of my photos to "my day" for all my friends to see.  I use it because its the only way I can communicate with "friends" who I don't want to have my cell phone number, but I wish they would improve it a lot!
Angela G.
Marion, TX
I hate that you have to download the stupid app to even view your Facebook messages. It's seriously ridiculous. They need to get rid of this crap. Not everyone has a smart phone and can download the app. Now if you are familiar with technology then it won't be hard to use. But I honestly think it's pointless.
ashleigh w.
kingsport, TN
Techie Expert Level 2
This app is a little aggravating. I don't like that they made you download another app just to send messages. takes up so much space on my phone. the app is ok. but sometimes I do not get notifications of my messages at times. but it is not terrible. I wish we could go back to the simple regular facebook app though.
Alana C.
Groveport, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
First off, I hate that this is mandatory to download if you want to message anyone because I never have enough storage on my phone to download it... I've used this a lot before and I would say it's a fine app to message and call people on but it honestly has a lot of bug issues and glitches a lot for me...
MzMeg n.
Sherman, CT
Messenger could use another update its running a little slow lately but other then that it does everything i want and i love that i can add photos to my messenger and they go away like snap chat there so cute . Love this
Maria De Jesus B.
Techie Expert Level 1
I use Face Messenger when my phone isn't working or has to charge and can't be used. It's the easiest way for me to communicate with my husband when he is away from the house. I'm able to use it on my laptop, desktop, kindle, and phone! I can literally use it anywhere to communicate with anyone!
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?