BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Laura B.
Bogotá, D.C.

Honestly my personal opinion on this application is the following, 1. It is assumed that the function of these applications is to make life easier for all of us, but instead of complicating it, I always get messages to Facebook and Facebook Messenger, although the Have read 2. It is annoying to see the bubble every time someone sends you a message. 3. It is updated almost every day. 4. It takes up too much memory space and consumes more than 250 megs of RAM in the background. Actually, for me it's a NO, but as I have to have it to chat for Facebook, well ... well.

***
Sinceramente mi opinión personal sobre esta aplicación es la siguiente, 1. Se supone que la función de estas aplicaciones es facilitarnos la vida a todos, pero en lugar de hacerlo nos la complica, siempre me llegan mensajes a Facebook y a Facebook Messenger, aunque ya las haya leído. 2. Es molesto ver la burbuja cada que alguien te envía un mensaje. 3. Se actualiza casi todos los días. 4. Ocupa demasiado espacio en la memoria y en segundo plano consume más de 250 megas de memoria RAM. En realidad, para mí es un NO, pero como tengo que tenerla para chatear por Facebook, pues… bueno.

Poppy H.
Suffolk , Halesworth
Simple and easy to use yet with fun little features dotted around the app. Good way to communicate, I'm glad Facebook made another app for messages as so so much easier to use that way!
Tamar S.
Newark, DE
Facebook Messenger is the simplest way to connect with friends and not only. Have to admit that I always contact with the pages of different companies by messenger, before I go to the place.
Barbara G.
Techie Expert Level 1
Me parece absurdo que Facebook tomara la opción de separar la red social y el Messenger. Es una aplicación que ocupa espacio, y básicamente inútil, no me gusta y no la recomiendo descargar
Lauren M.
york
I like this a lot because you can keep in touch with old friends but it still wouldn't be the first place I would message them I like that you can video call or normal call.
Kelly L.
London
Here comes the rant... Like quite a few as just discovered it bugs me that in order to receive my messages from Facebook I have to download a completely separate app. Plus digging a little deeper I could raise privacy issues, a messenger app that wants permission to my camera, microphone and then personal details of family and friends. It's all a little too much but I feel it should all be one app. Obviously it's in there interest not to be but like a lot I hate this extra pointless little app and that's putting it mildly. 👎👎

🖤 Alice 🦇 G.
Pennsylvania
Techie Expert Level 1
I hate the corporate solutions and the fact that if you have Facebook you are forced to install this app. It's taking up so much in your phone system and it's glitchy. -.-
Choubaila M.
Techie Expert Level 2
I get why Facebook has a bunch of separate apps for their products, it's to make the app smaller in a sense and allow users to install only what they need. However every time I visit my app store on my phone, there's always a need for an update despite it only being 24 hours. It's like the developers don't know what they're doing half the time or feel like they need to play around with colours or something. I've disabled updates for this app for the time being. My other main peeve that prevents this app from getting a higher rating is that the sync isn't the greatest (even if I am on the latest update). Messages that I have already read on my desktop appear as unread on my mobile device. This causes a huge spam of chat heads and notifications opening and closing for a couple of minutes when you turn wifi on. Sometimes these messages are out of order as well making it a awkward to read. Don't get me wrong, it's a great app to stay in touch with friends but the recent version of messenger just feels bloated and needs better sync.
Melaney P.
Markham, ON
Facebook has a lot of applications instead of combining them into the Facebook app itself. This can be annoying since we have to download separate apps and update each one of them. They should try to combine messenger into their social media app to make it much easier to navigate.
Christina C.
Scarbough , ON
Techie Expert Level 3
I just love messenger so much and for so many reasons. In my option it is the best app for audio and video calling. It is also great for messaging people and is a great way to keep in touch with your friends and family members. I would totally recommend messenger to anyone.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?