BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Thi Ngoc Anh P.
Hamilton, ON
Techie Expert Level 1
Since I came to Canada, this one is my only way to communicate with my friends. I do not need to see them, I can talk to them. On messenger, I can also see my family in Vietnam with the video call ( my homesickness will be decreased). Furthermore, I can also discuss with my friends at same time through the group chat ( it helps me a lots in my study).
Daniela F.
Doral, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
La aplicación es realmente buena y útil. Puedes ver cada uno de los mensajes que recibes en facebook sin necesidad de meterte en la página o estar frente a una computadora. Muchas veces lo he utilizado para mensajes importantes.
Además tiene todos los stikers y emojis que presenta en el facebook.l
Kristiina L.
Johvi
Techie Expert Level 1
Отличное приложение для общения с друзьями. Оповещания об новых сообщениях приходят мнгновенно. В Мессенджере можно отправлять различные файлы (фото, видео, пдф и прочее).

Nice app for chatting with friends. Very quick notifications about new messages. In Messenger you can send different stuff (photos, videos, different files,)
Zahra T.
Port Moody, BC
Messenger is great app especially if we want to communicate with others while we are on the go. We don't have to worry about being at our computers for this app. I just hate how it's such a long process just to sign into the app. I feel like some of the questions it asks are so unnecessary
Amanda H.
Raheny
I always use this. I love the little ding it gives when I've a message and how it tells me when someone is/was online and if the message was read. Can add stickers or gifs to messages and personalise the colour of the chat or mute people that annoy you a few hours/days ahahah ;)
Lois G.
Suffolk, Ipswich
I really like the idea of the facebook messenger app however I find that it crashes on my iphone loads! I would probably prefer it if you didnt have to have 2 separate apps on your phone for facebook and for messenger, however it is handy to see who is online.
Erica H.
Techie Expert Level 1
This app works fine, but I don't like it. Having another app just to message people is so unnecessary, and, if you don't have it, you can't message people on your phone (through Facebook). This app is just a nuisance.
Megan M.
Techie Expert Level 1
I use this app daily! It makes it so easy to connect with your friends and family! You can also send pictures, videos, GIFs and even play games which is really fun! It’s a free app! I would recommend other to try out!
Suzanne M.
London, ON
Techie Expert Level 1
I dont go on the facebook app that often but like to go on messenger app to communicate with friends, family and those who are in long distance.  I like that we can place calls as well as playing games.
Laura B.
Bogotá, D.C.

Honestly my personal opinion on this application is the following, 1. It is assumed that the function of these applications is to make life easier for all of us, but instead of complicating it, I always get messages to Facebook and Facebook Messenger, although the Have read 2. It is annoying to see the bubble every time someone sends you a message. 3. It is updated almost every day. 4. It takes up too much memory space and consumes more than 250 megs of RAM in the background. Actually, for me it's a NO, but as I have to have it to chat for Facebook, well ... well.

***
Sinceramente mi opinión personal sobre esta aplicación es la siguiente, 1. Se supone que la función de estas aplicaciones es facilitarnos la vida a todos, pero en lugar de hacerlo nos la complica, siempre me llegan mensajes a Facebook y a Facebook Messenger, aunque ya las haya leído. 2. Es molesto ver la burbuja cada que alguien te envía un mensaje. 3. Se actualiza casi todos los días. 4. Ocupa demasiado espacio en la memoria y en segundo plano consume más de 250 megas de memoria RAM. En realidad, para mí es un NO, pero como tengo que tenerla para chatear por Facebook, pues… bueno.

Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?