3.16 / 5 based on 915 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
I don't know what person would say they love this app. I honestly hate it. Its super annoying
I don't like the separate app, but hopefully theyll realize no one does. Too much space taken.
I hate that you have to have a separate app just for messaging people. It is so inconvenient.
Honestly I hate this app just because it's required by Facebook to download it. But it works.
I am Leary of this app. Sorry I'm not letting it have full use of my contacts,mic,photos etc.
I don't like that I have to have this app to see my messages, unless I go into the browser.
This app gets to be a bit annoying and complicating at times, it will crash randomly as well.
I like this app. Never had any issues. Works great to stay in touch with people through FB
Bit of a pain to use. Easier the way it was before the app. it runs well but its annoying.
I love Facebook messenger. It lets me view my messages without actually being on Facebook.
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos