3.14 / 5 based on 900 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
I will never understand why this was made into a different app, but I guess it's helpful now that I've gotten used to it.
Reaaaally don't like the idea of having to use 2 separate apps , I find it a huge waste of time and storage in my phone.
App is terrible, and really pisses me off that they push this on you just to be able to see you msges on a mobile device
Its a great addition to having facebook on my phone, it lets me send messages without having to open facebook all the way
I don't think there would be anything wrong with this app if it wasn't so invasive. I really wouldn't mind it otherwise.
This is a very convenient form of communication. The app is also nice and easy to use, plus I love the stickers feature.
The application itself is pretty awesome but i do not like how i had to download it to see my messages and was not asked!
I like my messenger but since the new update I can't see what I am writing in that little box. You guys need to fix that.
Such a pointless idea. I find it ridiculous that you have to download a separate app just to look at your own messages.
I do not like this at all. I wish I didn't have to use it but my facebook app wouldn't give me an option not to use it.
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos