3.14 / 5 based on 900 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Hate being forced to download. Takes up way too much space on my phone. And it seemed ever since I did my phone was never the same.
I liked facebook better when the messaging was in it. The second app is annoying, but I will say it does work well for group messaging
This app is terrible. It's basically Facebook's backdoor way of getting all of your information and selling it to 3rd party companies.
Easy way to speak to friends and family, only bad part is people contact you from weird countries in the worlds trying to make friends!
I use this for all of my comunication. Even sms text messaging. Easy to send gifs and stickers! Plus I love customizing conversations.
An useful app for Facebook users for your phone. I used it myself on my cellphone. This app is available for use on many smartphone.
I like the new version so much. I use it to talk and seeu family overseas. It is totally free. All you need is internet connections.
I don't know why the need to have the messenger separate for the Facebook app came about, it's functional but is harder to ignore.
Don't get it don't download don't even think about it Facebook is doing some crazy stuff to your account that you don't know about
I use the Facebook, Inc. Facebook Messenger every day. A group of ten friends and I have a constant group message going constantly.
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos