3.14 / 5 based on 898 Reviews
Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
- "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
- "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
- "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
- "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
- "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
The messenger app works great.. I just don't like how Facebook is practically forcing everyone to get it if they want to see their messages.
This app works fine, but I don't see a reason for having separate apps for facebook and its messenger. It takes up space that I barely have.
I don't understand why messenger has to have a separate app. I like Messenger itself, especially the stickers, but I hate that it's separate.
I don' t think they should have made an app for this. I don't dislike the app but I think they should have kept it within the facebook app.
I like Facebook messenger and I haven't had any problems using g it. Although, I wish it didn't take you off of the Facebook page to use it.
I don't like that when I'm on my phone I can't see my messages because I have to download this app! Who has the memory for that nowadays?!
This is the dumbest thing ever. i hate it. the fact that its a separate app is annoying and unnecessary. i use Facebook less because of it
It's handy, but I don't like the way that when I try to access my fb messenger messages within the fb iPhone app, it takes me out of fb.
I don't like this app I deleted it the only thing is you can't see inbox messages from mobile app you have to view them from web browser
I liked much before when it was integrated into the application facebook, now I do not like , is stuck, does not work well , I do not like
Q & A
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Why do many people dislike this app?
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos