BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Rhiannon V.
Albuquerque, NM
Techie Expert Level 3
I like facebook messenger, I like how I could communicate in a fast way with family and friends it's very convenient! I never have had a problem with it :)
ASHLEY H.
Tampa, FL
I hate this concept. Why should I have to install a separate app which is such a core part of the website? The app needs lesser intrusion on my privacy!
Emily R.
Omaha
I love the messenger app and have not experienced any problems what so ever with it. It allows you to go right back to fb by clicking on the fb icon. :)
Samantha T.
Rochester, NY
It's a decent app. It's improved a lot from the beginning. I don't really like switching between apps when I have a message, but I've gotten used to it.
Lauren H.
I really don't understand the purpose of this app, why do i need something that the main Facebook app already has? too many bugs, needs to be revamped.
Sonia V.
Okay because I have family out of state it's really hard to see them often so Facebook messenger makes it easier to FaceTime them and see them more often
Stephanie D.
Cumming, GA
I personally love this app. Makes it easier for me to just pop in, answer a message, then go about my day without having to open the actual facebook app.
Sabrina P.
Lowndes, MO
I'm so annoyed that I have to change to a completely different app just to read my messages. It was way better when it was included in the Facebook app.
Cynthia D.
Riverside , CA
Its nice but I don't like that on an iPhone every time I'm going to send a message thru this new messenger app it takes me out of Facebook that annoys me
Alaina G.
It stinks you have to have a separate app for messaging. But I like it. I love the stickers you can add or play games with the person you are talking to.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?