BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Tamara S.
Saint Louis, MO
I think it's nice to have your messages on an app and than Facebook. But I think it's kinda stupid as well because it makes you download the app or you can't message people.
Lisa J.
Rio Rancho, NM
The messenger is OK but i hate having to have a separate app to see my Facebook messages. Its a waste of space on my phone when it used to be all on the Facebook app.
Joanne S.
Newport News, VA
I like the messenger app because it supports gifs, you can make calls,and it's have a huge inventory of fun stickers. You can even send money through the app now.
Stephanie E.
Phoenix, AZ
Oh man this app. Some days I love it and other days I want to scream. Can't even count how many times I've had to uninstall and reinstall to deal with an issue.
Cassandra S.
Morgantown, WV
Techie Expert Level 1
Facebook Messenger is an essential app if you are a heavy Facebook user. You can easily have conversations on the go and connect with your friends and families.
Auleria Y.
Versailles, KY
I'm not a big fan of this app because when your going to message someone it switches to the other app and if you don't have the app it tells you to download it.
Leah R.
I do not really care for this app. It seems clunky and loads slowly on my devices. I would prefer not needing two applications to complete the functions of one.
Raychelle W.
New Castle, PA
It's nice but I don't like the separate app from actual Facebook because it just takes the useless space on my phone that doesn't really need to be taking up.
Cedric C.
Las vegas, NV
Favebook messager is an amazing app i love using it to talk with friends and family. I do found problems sometimes but it always fix its self later in the day.
Katia P.
Sanger, TX
I use this app once in a while when I need to reach someone quickly. It was a little tricky to figure out at first but once I got the hang of it worked well.
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?