BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Seraih B.
Cincinnati, OH
This app is so spotty. It always will shut off randomly on my phone. It's not very reliable. I love using the stickers! I just wish this app didn't always crash.
kelly p.
Worst app ever! Seriously, this is the most useless app I have on my phone! It doesn't even let me send a message. It says "sorry your session has been expired"
Kimberly H.
San Antonio, TX
I hate that you can't access Facebook messages on your phone without this app now. I have also heard of a lot of privacy issues with this app as well. HORRIBLE.
Rebecca D.
Gulf Breeze, FL
I like messanger, but texting is way better. If you cant get a hold of someone, the best way is to use the messanger in case you don't have them in your contacts.
Tammie Y.
I was fine with it when they separated messenger and facebook. I connect with people through facebook so messenger is a must for me. I love all the stickers, and the functionality of this app is great.
Tiffany T.
Chardon, OH
I can't stand the messenger app. I hardly message anybody on facebook anymore, since you HAVE to have the messenger app. It just takes up space and memory on my phone. It's so stupid.
Heather R.
Washington, PA
Not a fan of messenger. Not sure why Facebook had to make the change. The circle that pops on your phone screen I find very annoying. Hard to use when you're writing a longer message
Lindsay W.
Auburn, AL
Not a fan of this app and the permissions you have to grant in order to download. Whether or not they actually take advantage of the permissions, I refuse to download out of principle.
Michele L.
Love this app! I have had no issues with privacy or hacking of my phone. I do not understand why people are so nervous about it. There are gaming apps that are more invasive.
Dena P.
Stockton, CA
I do not like that you have to download a separate app. Random people can message you. And you don't know them. Like a massive text that would not stop. So I uninstalled it.
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?