BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Cristina T.
Westminster, CA
It is incredibly annoying to have this app separate from the actual Facebook app, especially since the Facebook app has notifications for messages that force open the messenger app. It is nice to have different stickers to send.
Amanda V.
Berlin, NJ
The app is functional, it just sucks to be forced into downloading something so unneccessary, but zuckerberg clearly doesn't care about our limited storage in smartphones.
Heather  P.
Winchester, VA
This is very helpful for me especially if I have to leave the house in the middle of a facebook conversation. I like that I can continue chatting in a user friendly format and still have my messages saved on my facebook account.
Mileyah L.
Citrus Hts, CA
I don't really like having a 2nd app for 1 - it is nice to have to have a messenger though and I do like the stickers - especially the ones for movies as they come out :)
Leah H.
I love Facebook messaged
1. It's easy to get to.
2. It has many options on it
3. You can send videos quicky
4. It has video calling and calling
5. It works to my standards!
Yadhira P.
miami, FL
Techie Expert Level 3
It is useful to have access to your contacts inmedianto, I do not like that you look practically forced to download it to your phone. Could include them more emoticons.
Amy J.
The requirements & access allowances for this app are super invasive and seemingly unnecessary. I will not download it again, and almost feel like the short time I had it when it originally released gave my phone problems.
Irma F.
West Fargo, ND
Techie Expert Level 3
The app works great and doesn't lag for me but I think it was useless for it to be your only choice to check facebook messages. They should have left it the way it was.
Caroline W.
Athens, GA
I don't really understand the point of it when I can just use the facebook app. It is nice that you can see when the other person is typing, and how fast it works though. It works a lot faster than texting from my android.
Judith C.
Roswell, NM
No se como sea ahora pero hace anos la use en mi cel y me funcionaba genial ya k vatayaba demasiado con mi facebook so esta aplicacion ayudo muchisimo estaba genial !
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?