BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
I have a love/hate relationship with the Facebook messenger app. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn’t. It definitely likes to freeze up on me at what seems like the most inconvenient times!
Donna W.
Beckley, WV
Techie Expert Level 1
I have used this communication app, sister to Facebook for so long.  I have terrible cell service where I live and I can get messages through messenger with ease, and photos.....don't know why but works great.  I love the ease of use and all the add ons.
Maria C.
Eugene, OR
Techie Expert Level 1
I hate that there has to be a separate app for this. I find no use in it, other than not being able to check any messages on the original facebook app. I don't understand why they had to split them up. Same with the page manager it now has its own app as well.
Laura M.
Louisville, KY
Techie Expert Level 1
Not really a fan of this app. I hate that i have to download it in order to read my messages on my phone. It takes up too much space on my phone and also burns the battery pretty quick. I just dont think it is worth all the hype that some people give it.
Suzanne M.
Renton , WA
Not sure why this needs to be a separate app it is a bit weird to have the option to message people in one app but then use another to read them. Not the best integration. Not always easy to use and sometimes it takes over text messages so you have to configure it properly.
Rebecca C.
CANTON, OH
It works fine, but I really don't like the fact that Facebook requires two separate apps to utilize both the messaging and the website. I have limited space on my phone and I just decided that I'll only access Facebook from my desktop here on out.
Katie C.
Winter Haven
Techie Expert Level 1
I dont like the we are forced to download messenger if using mobile in order to answer messages. I also don't like the call feature due to constant drops in connection and quality. Good for basic messaging and cool gifs and stickers.
Veronica V.
Westlake
I’m on here everyday talking to my friends. It’s a great way to stay in touch without having to give out your phone number. I’m always talking & laughing with my friends. The app makes it so much easier to get to your messages.
Beautybyhaileyy P.
spring lake
Techie Expert Level 1
I also use this everyday too. I can talk to anyone i want to pretty much. I love all the little stickers and gifs. I also find it very convenient when I don’t have my card on me i can send my girlfriend money with no problem.
Shalom C.
Raleigh , NC
Techie Expert Level 1
It’s a great app for messaging. My only issue with it is that it has too many features incorporated into it (messaging, games, marketplace etc). May work great for other people, but it’s a free app so can’t really complain.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?