BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Jessica H.
La Fayette, GA
I like the facebook messenger app mainly because it's a lot less laggy than the actual Facebook app. I have no trouble with the app. I'm always able to send whatever to my friends and family. No complaints here.
Cynthia P.
Keystone Hgts, FL
I don't like that this is now a desperate app- I tonight's silly and just takes up more space. However, I do like using messenger. My brother, sister and I & our significant others use this a lot to group chat.
Brittany L.
I have not and will not download the Facebook messenger. In the terms and conditions it says that whatever I say is free and open to the cia to moniter and have full access to my account. That's not okay to me.
Alexis J.
Kingsford Hts, IN
I really dislike the Fb Messenger App. I don't like how it's separate from Facebook. I like to stay on Facebook and message my friends than going completely off to another app. It just sucks and don't like it.
Sabrina  H.
I do not that like that Facebook has a separate app for messaging. It is a nice app and easy to you, it just takes up more storage space than it needs to. Facebook needs to fix this issue.
Somewhat Recommend ūüíč
Kim D.
Wewahitchka, FL
The separation of Facebook and messenger wasn't ideal to begin with, but I have come to realize it works better this way as I can often chat with friends without having to open Facebook all the way on my phone.
Kelsey L.
Rncho Cordova, CA
This app is nice to use for messaging people via facebook. I like how there's fun stickers you can use to spice up your messages to friends. I don't always use this app but it's nice to keep on my phone in case someone tries to message me or something.
Susy F.
Fontana, CA
This app is ok. I just dislike the fake that i had to download a separate app to be able to msg someone on fb. Like if app fb doesn't take enough memory as it is. The only cool thing it has are the emojis.
Kaylee C.
Austin, TX
I understand why Facebook made a separate app for messaging, but for a majority of Facebook's users it seems to be an extra burden. I don't like how I have to switch between apps to contact the same people.
Jodi B.
Saint Paul, MN
I do love messenger but I wish that they would have kept it integrated into the Facebook app itself. Having another app on my phone is just one more thing to keep updated and synced with my Facebook account.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?