BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Jennifer W.
Windsor, WI
I like having messenger cause its a lot faster to get msgs from people but I do hate having 2 apps for the same thing. It shows you can make calls but you may get charged. Its faster and easier to send videos then texting also.
Allison H.
Sturgis, MI
I enjoy the app itself, but I'm disappointed that Facebook would only let you message friends on your phone if you had this app. It's annoying to keep switching apps. I do like that this app keeps group messages organized.
Laura E.
Cary, NC
Wow i cant even describe how much i love this app. I use it every single day. I don't even use text message anymore😂. I love the stickers,gifs and everything about it.
Dean E.
Des Plaines, IL
A lot of people don't like this app and I'm not sure why. Yes, it can be slightly annoying to go from one app to the other (FB to Messanger), but it's really useful to keep track on conversations and it's an alternative to texting. Very useful when reaching out to FB friends and you don't have their number.
Amanda W.
S Portland, ME
Techie Expert Level 2
I don't like having a separate app for my messages. i also don't like the lack of privacy through the user agreement. It's sketchy but since I have to to have app to view the messages on my phone and ipad i have no choice.
Sarah H.
The best way to communicate with people over Facebook. The only thing I don't like is that to use all of facebook's capabilities, you have to switch between two apps.
johanna f.
Techie Expert Level 3
I use this a lot because is necesary to talk in facebook. I don't like to much to use another application in my cel take space in my phone. I think don't have since.
Melissa G.
I was pleasantly surprised with this app. At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience.
Alyssa W.
Summerville, SC
Techie Expert Level 1
I don't really understand this. I feel like if you already have the Facebook app why do you need another one just for messaging? Its kind of pointless to me and I prefer just looking at the Facebook app to read my messages.
Stacy s.
I wish there was an easier way to delete a whole bunch of conversations at once, rather than one conversation at a time. Other than that, the app isn't terrible. I just with it was combined with Facebook to make one app.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?