BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Yaimee O.
Techie Expert Level 3
I was upset when I had to get the Facebook, Inc. Facebook Messenger app on my phone. I don't understand why I can't just use my Facebook app to send and receive messages. Having another app for that just takes more space from my memory in my phone.
Rachel G.
State College, PA
I actually like this app and have been using it since before they forced people to download it. So maybe I'm just not as bitter as everyone else. It always works for me, and it connects me with my friends who I can't text or otherwise reach.
Kay A.
Medina, TN
I am not very fond of the Facebook messenger app. It irritates me that I'm required to use this to message someone on Facebook unless I'm at my computer. If you're going to use messenger, why not just text the person. It's just as easy.
Cristina F.
Yelm, WA
Facebook messenger is absolutely the worst thing that has ever been made. Facebook now requires users to download Facebook messenger in order to talk to your Facebook friends. Wake up Facebook this is why you are loosing so many users!!!
Lezlie K.
This app helps tremendously to message my Facebook friends. Also with the newer update you can call and face time off the messenger app which makes it even more influential to my life. This app is definitely a must have for Facebook users.
Jonellen M.
West Chester, OH
Techie Expert Level 3
I downloaded it and i like how it opens a new screen. However, not everyone will download it so i have to wait until some people are in front of a computer to get a response. It isn't as convenience as it was before this app was created.
Nalia R.
I am not a fan of using this! it freezes and you can not log out of it when you log out of facebook, I don't like that I have to install an additional app for facebook when i can just use my desktop to send ,messages Ive uninstalled this!
Yoldaris J.
I do not like and indeed do not usually use a lot, I do not understand why taking up space on my cell with another app if I have the original version , Facebook should consolidate their real applications because it deducts points ...
Megan W.
Belfair, WA
I love this app! It works just like texting and is a great way to communicate with friends and family. I use it daily. I do not understand why people are complaining about the terms of service - they're the same for most apps out there!
Emma Willden W.
Monroe, UT
I used it for a few days but deleted it because it slowed my phone down way too much. I also hate how I cant message people in the facebook app. Why not? Why do I have to download 2 apps for what I can do on one page on the computer??
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?