BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Antonia M.
Techie Expert Level 1
Sometimes I just think that Facebook messenger is an unnecessary app because it could easily just be a part of the regular Facebook app. I do think that it’s convenient that you could easily message anyone with a Facebook and that there’s a lot of little features in the chats like changing the color of the text bubbles. However, I do think it’s unnecessary how they send you a message every time someone joins messenger. It just feels like spam.
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
Techie Expert Level 1
I don't like that they had to make an app just for messaging. It was a lot simpler when you could do it all in one place on facebook. Now this app takes up unnecessary storage space. its okay for video chatting and keeping in touch, but other than that I try to avoid using this app.
Emily G.
Middleton
Techie Expert Level 1
Oh Facebook, it’s just not that cool anymore. I have the app out of necessity. I hate that it requires you to also have this app. Anyone messaging me is typically someone I don’t want to speak to anyway haha
Melissa A.
san antonio
Easy to use and safe as well. Only downfall is if you forget to withdraw it within a certain anoint of time, the money goes back to the sender. I don’t like this because you can’t accumulate the money the way you can with PayPal or Venmo and withdraw it when you have a worthwhile amount to transfer to your bank. Only advice is make sure to transfer right away or you’ll lose your money.
Samantha S.
Melfa, VA
I love how this app notifies you instantly as soon as you get a message, just like as if you got a text message. This is so convenient when you're trying to get in contact with someone who does not have a cell phone and is only able to contact you through Wi-Fi. I use this app daily.
MK J.
Techie Expert Level 2
I didn’t have a choice but to download the app because it wouldn’t let me message on Facebook without it. I really don’t like that it is taking up more storage space on my phone when i shouldn’t have to download it if I already have the Facebook app. I don’t hardly ever use messenger anyways so it’s literally just taking up space for no reason at all. Im very unhappy with this app!
Amanda D.
Waterford, CT
If I'm going to be honest, I hate that there is an app for messenger on Facebook. I don't see the point for having a separate app for something that's on Facebook. I do think the app is used friendly.
Daphne W.
Techie Expert Level 4
Not a fan of messenger!! Why they took this off of Facebook and made everyone download an app to be able to message friends is beyond me. If you read all the fine print of what you are giving them permission to access its down right scary!!!
Chrissy S.
York, SC
Techie Expert Level 1
Okay App. Works most of the time. Sometimes I have messages but no notifications. It is not always reliable. Works pretty good when connected to wifi. I like the you can see when others are active and if they seen your message. I do recommend this app. Its fun!
Theresa D.
Charlotte, NC
Techie Expert Level 1
First off I do not like that I can NOT stop these random video calls from creeps. I don't think it's acceptable. I do like that new messages are filtered out. That allows me to read and not respond. It's annoying that I can't go invisible.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?