BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Gabrielle  V.
Hate being forced to use this app instead of being allowed to access my messages directly from Facebook so I decided to delete the Facebook app altogether and just keep messenger to contact the few family members and friends who still use Facebook.
Nicole V.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
I don't care about all the flaws or how people hate the update . The only thing that a do mind is how much space it needs , overall I love this app I can connect with my family and friends all in one space with can call each other and reconnect
angie s.
Not a terrible app but it tends to be frustrating when you have two separate apps for Facebook on your device. To me it wastes space, and I don't like the pop up feature on android devices I find it gets in my way when trying to do other things.
Stephanie G.
Banner elk , NC
It is easy to use. I just hate the fact i have to have a separate app to access my messages from Facebook. It just waste space on your phone. Other than that it works pretty good.
Charmaine B.
Lima, OH
I like messenger, I didn't like it at first because I thought why make me download another app to use the same service I get on Facebook. Now its very convenient, I don't have to log into Facebook to use the app and just send messages to people
Rachel F.
Columbus, OH
Terrible app. The old messenger that was integrated was perfect. This one is annoying, the alerts and little heads that pop up are frustrating. Even when I turn them off they tend to turn themselves back on. It also seems to eat up a lot of ram.
Amanda S.
This app has its pros and cons. I hate having to leave the Facebook app to read messages. But I do like the ability to create group messages and add people and the stickers are fun. But I mostly just use my iPhone unless I need a huge group text.
Samantha S.
Louisville, KY
I was so against Messenger when it first came out, but it's really grown on me. If you have long conversations via facebook it makes it a lot more like texting and therefore way easier than having to open up facebook and go through messages there.
Yaimee O.
Techie Expert Level 3
I was upset when I had to get the Facebook, Inc. Facebook Messenger app on my phone. I don't understand why I can't just use my Facebook app to send and receive messages. Having another app for that just takes more space from my memory in my phone.
Rachel G.
State College, PA
I actually like this app and have been using it since before they forced people to download it. So maybe I'm just not as bitter as everyone else. It always works for me, and it connects me with my friends who I can't text or otherwise reach.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?