BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Rebecca D.
Naperville, IL
I absolutely hate the fact that Facebook made you download an additional app just to message with people. it's a waste of my storage on my phone just to message with the handful of people that still use Facebook chat. I think this is one thing that stopped a lot of people my age from using Facebook anymore.
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH
I'm still not happy that the powers that be decided an extra app would be required if you wanted to send and receive private messages on Facebook. I have it, I use it, I still find it a pain sometimes to have to go from app to app. I wish they'd go back to being able to access your pm's through the regular app.
Megan M.
I wish I could give this a 0 star rating. I won't download the messenger app. It's a violation of privacy and I don't like that Facebook is trying to force an app on its users. that means I would have THREE Facebook apps. one for page manager, one for regular fb and then the messenger app. no thank you!
Jean T.
Pea Ridge, AR
Techie Expert Level 2
I like this app. I use it on my tablet. It makes it nice I don't have to stay on facebook to keep messaging with someone.You can do other things and it will pop up when a message comes in. It has a bubble off to the side which u can move anywhere on the page. You can also drag it and remove from page.
Staci M.
Los Angeles, CA
Facebook Messenger is a quick way to stay connected to family and friends on-the-go. Message bubbles pop up on the phone and you are able to instantly respond without having to access the site. The stickers and other features make it a fun way to communicate with the people you interact with the most.
Nicci S.
Stroudsburg, PA
I am not a fan of having a second facebook app. I liked using messenger in the app. I did not update my Facebook for the longest time, because I could still message in the app. When I got a new phone I got stuck downloading the messenger app. Is good for fast communication, but I do not use it often.
Mariangel O.
Miami , FL
No me gusta que en parte la App de Facebook te obligue a descargar esta aplicación, aunque la aplicación en sí es buena, pero acapara mucha capacidad de almacenamiento y las personas solo lo que queremos es responder mensajes.
Shelby B.
Franklin, IN
Techie Expert Level 3
It has it's pros and cons. Anything you HAVE to do without options people are naturally not going to like. I personally got rid of the app as well as Facebook and log in from safari. I have found that to be just as simple.
Katelyn H.
Memphis, TN
Such an easy way to stay up to date on Facebook messages! I love not having to check the app for them. You can either set it so that there are notifications or none. You can also silence certain conversations if you don't want notifications from certain ones. Overall it works well and loads quickly!
Sheila R.
La Mesa, CA
I don't like how I had to download this app just to use FB message on my phone. It's already part of FB itself so I don't get why we have to download a separate app. Are there technical problems with it? Not really...but it's a waste of phone storage. The little faces that appear are kind of cool.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?