BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Ashlee S.
This app is completely not necessary. I hate having it take up space on my phone and the fact that you need it to read your messages. The fb app was much better when you could still read your messages. Stupid app. Stupid that you need it.
Faith M.
Warfield, KY
Techie Expert Level 4
I enjoy Facebook but it's got a little boring over the years but it a great way to stay in touch with family so I give it a 5. But I highly recommend it I've had to make so many people in my family and Facebook account it's not .
Hayley R.
Barre, MA
I dispise the Facebook messenger app. I found it way to inconvenient to have not one, but two Facebook apps! I always hate the stickers that they have I always accidentally send them or they get saved into my camera roll somehow. I wish Facebook would recombine messenger and the regular app and I might consider using my Facebook to connect with friends again
Emily M.
Nelsonville, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
I really love the messenger app for Facebook it is so useful it's so easy to call on FaceTime your friends and you can now play games I don't particularly like the newest update because it's harder to delete messages but it's still a great app
Mishaune G.
San Francisco, ca
I don't really like that you have to download the app just to talk to people privately or that the bubble pops up when you get a new message. However I do like that you can add the gifs and you can call people from it. It's an ok App.
Nina T.
Atlanta, GA
It's a little annoying to open a separate app each time I need to send someone on Facebook a message. It was much easier when the app was in refracted into the normal Facebook app. I do like the new phone feature but still annoying.
Becky T.
This app is pretty good. I do not like how you have to put in your phone number and give it access to your contacts though. you never used to have to do that before and it should be like that again. sometimes it doesn't give me or my friends notifications for messages, so it is a little bit buggy. Not too bad though.
Alissa P.
Stoughton , MA
I used to love messaging with my friend on facebook because it was so easy and convenient. I hate how they made a separate app for this. It takes up space on my phone and the no privacy rumor is enough for me to go back to texting.
Elizabeth W.
I really don't care for this app. You need internet to be able to run it. If you have internet, why don't you just use the internet? There's really no need for an app to take up space instead of just going online. This app is annoying. Even when you're not online, it says you are 24/7! It's just an all around unnecessary app.
Belle C.
It's handy to get your facebook messages in 1 app. It actually works better than looking at messages from the facebook app. It can be glitchy sometimes. Like crashes, showing old messages that were once deleted, showing empty messages from people. It's easy to use but the glitches are so annoying that I have to rate it a C.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?