BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Stephanie M.
Waverly
Techie Expert Level 1
Facebook messenger is so convenient! It helps me stay in connect with people from all over the world and gets better every day! They have pic filters that are cute and fun and games you can play with friends and family! I also like how it shows me who's active and when the last time someone was on so I can keep track of my kids!
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I've never had any issues or glitches but I Don't prefer it. I don't like the idea of anyone being able to contact me. It's not bad to have though if you like to socialize. I'd prefer only being contacted by people I've given my number to so for that reason, I don't like to use it. Not a bad app to have though!
Desi A.
Chicago
I have such an amazing time using this app while conversating with friends. It's feels so real yet the conversation isn't in person and it's way funnier. They've got gifs, stickers, pop ups, you name it. Facebook Messenger
Tabitha R.
I love that not only can I message my friends and family through the Facebook messenger app but we can also make calls to each other. If a bug happens they tend to fix it quickly with a new app update. Overall I enjoy this app.
Ashleigh L.
Lakewood, WA
I really didn't like how FB made you download another app to message people. It was all doable through the FB app before and then all of a sudden you needed the messenger app to do so.. It was just another way for people to make money creating an app that people HAD to download to DM someone. Side note~ I do enjoy being able to FaceTime with people through the app it's super convenient if I have a Samsung and the other person has an iPhone.
Chelsea M.
Nashville, TN
Techie Expert Level 1
I enjoy the games provided, I enjoy the easiness of use to this app. Very organized. In the past I have had problems with this app, launching problems. But all is good now. Never really was a big fan of Facebook but it will do.
Antonia M.
Techie Expert Level 1
Sometimes I just think that Facebook messenger is an unnecessary app because it could easily just be a part of the regular Facebook app. I do think that it’s convenient that you could easily message anyone with a Facebook and that there’s a lot of little features in the chats like changing the color of the text bubbles. However, I do think it’s unnecessary how they send you a message every time someone joins messenger. It just feels like spam.
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
Techie Expert Level 1
I don't like that they had to make an app just for messaging. It was a lot simpler when you could do it all in one place on facebook. Now this app takes up unnecessary storage space. its okay for video chatting and keeping in touch, but other than that I try to avoid using this app.
Samantha S.
Melfa , VA
I love how this app notifies you instantly as soon as you get a message, just like as if you got a text message. This is so convenient when you're trying to get in contact with someone who does not have a cell phone and is only able to contact you through Wi-Fi. I use this app daily.
MK J.
Techie Expert Level 2
I didn’t have a choice but to download the app because it wouldn’t let me message on Facebook without it. I really don’t like that it is taking up more storage space on my phone when i shouldn’t have to download it if I already have the Facebook app. I don’t hardly ever use messenger anyways so it’s literally just taking up space for no reason at all. Im very unhappy with this app!
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?