BY FACEBOOK, INC.

Instantly reach the people you care about. Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It's just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Features: Get to your messages without opening Facebook. Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Send photos privately. Have group conversations and make plans on the go. Text your phone contacts, even if you're not Facebook friends. Share your location so people know when you're nearby. Record voice messages. Make free calls, even to friends in other countries. Know when people have seen your messages. See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook. Stay logged in so you never miss a message. Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break. see more...

• Why does this app even exist? Was there a reason that is ...8 Answers
  • DO you actually understand where these permissions are co...2 Answers
  • Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with Mess...4 Answers
Facebook Messenger
  • "At first I was not looking forward to having a separate app for messaging on Facebook, but it comes in handy when you need to use an app and have a chat head open for convenience." in 15 reviews
  • "This is a great app for Facebook so you can message people on Facebook but I don't like that they made it into another app other than just the Facebook app and you need the messenger app to talk to them " in 11 reviews
  • "I've never had a problem with messenger, but I just think it's stupid that I have to have the messenger app to message people on Facebook." in 8 reviews
  • "The Messenger app works fine and is a great way to keep in touch with friends using data or wifi, but I really don't understand why they needed to make an entirely new app separate from the Facebook app." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm not a big fan of the fact that I am required to use this app in order to talk on messenger on my phone." in 6 reviews
Brianna A.
Ringgold, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
1. I hate that you have to have this app, I'd rather read my messages on Facebook app 2. The app really does have some cool features like the calling and video chat. I do use it alot. I do have issues sometimes there is no picture or sometimes no sound.
Hope V.
Ronkonkoma, NY
I hate that Facebook makes you download a separate app for messages. I literally hate it. I do not understand the point of it. I don't like getting messages that I'm now 'connected with _____ on Messenger,' they really just shove this app down your throat.
Kim C.
Techie Expert Level 1
I don't like this feature. I wish Facebook was streamlined. I hate toggling between applications. It shows I have messages even when I don't. It has a lot of bugs it needs to fix and work out before I give it a higher rating. Avoid this app! Not worth it.
Sarah H.
Lynbrook , NY
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is awesome! I love how it is separate from the actual Facebook app! It allows me to keep my messages in line and not forget about them!! I love the stickers you can send and all the fun gifs! Facebook messenger is a great way to chat with people!
Anndria T.
This app is extremely unreliable. The push notifications are super annoying (when they actually come through). I am not a fan of this app at all. I wish i could just answer messages on facebook without actually having this awful annoying app on my phone.
Abigail T.
Newark , NY
Techie Expert Level 1
I find this app very useful. I get all my messages very easily on my phone just as if they were texts. The app is easy to use and it even shows who's on and tells you who has birthdays today. If you have Facebook and a smartphone I would recommend this app.
Britney A.
Gresham, OR
I used to use facebook all the time but now I rarely use it. And I don't like that we need the messenger app to talk. It's still a good app to communicate with friends and family
Jennifer E.
St Johnsbury, VT
I love Facebook messenger. This is the only way that I have right to communicate with all of family and friends. It is easy to use. It has alot of extras that i really like to use. I like that it is connected to most of the other platforms that I use.
Amy S.
Phoenixville, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
I use Facebook Messenger quite frequently and I like it. They have frequent updates and it's free. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family. It's best feature is how easy it is to use.
Kristin F.
Glen Burnie, MD
I'm still not sure why they made this separate from the fb app but I do have it and like it. My dad knows how to video call me from it and i like that it leaves the chat bubbles on the side of my phone so i can use other apps while still chatting with people.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
What's your biggest irritating issue you have had with the messenger?
Star S.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you could redesign this app, what would you do?
Fa Leasha R.
Gloucester , VA
Is anyone else upset about the picture setting that automatically sends your picture without giving you a chance to review it?
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Why do many people dislike this app?
Valerie S.
Albertville, AL
Do you think Facebook will go back to just chat without messenger? Or Will they change it again somehow?