BY FACEBOOK, INC. #7 in Websites

Keeping up with friends is faster than ever. See what friends are up to. Share updates, photos and videos. Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts. Text, chat and have group conversations. Play games and use your favorite apps.

Facebook is an online social networking service. Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

• What number is an influenster High Impact Score ??17 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite social media site Facebook I...5 Answers
  • How annoying is it when a post says something like "if yo...21 Answers
Facebook
  • "I love facebook as it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, I do wish they would stop making changes so often." in 78 reviews
  • "I enjoy it and the idea of it, but I only ever use it to get in touch with family members that do not know how to work other social medias." in 44 reviews
  • "I really hate the fact that it forces you to get the messenger app to message people, like it takes up so much space on my phone!" in 27 reviews
  • "I used to be obsessed with Facebook when we all left MySpace, but now I use it mainly to stay connected with family , but still really good app !" in 25 reviews
  • "I also find it to be very slow at times with updating what is going on in the feed, but other than that, it is a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends, sharing your thoughts, opinions, and seeing what everyone has been up to. " in 23 reviews
Alejandra B.
Saint Cloud
I love facebook for many reasons...
-stay connected with family & friends from all parts of your life, past & present. Childhood, employers, teachers, best friends, new friends, family in other countries. Meeting new people all around the world
-its entertaining you can pretty much find anything on here from actual news to "gossip" if you are into it!  Lets be real we all know we have searched that one ex or that ex's new fling LOL. Honestly it has many perks. Videos, games, shopping, etc!
- MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING!  Free way to advertise yourself, your business, your work and ideas!!-
- it provides you past memories which is neat to see where your mind set was at a year ago and shows you just how much or little you have changed. Maybe a different circle of friends, new job, got married or won the lottery going from broke to rich LOL 😀
- SO MANY MORE AREAS IM SURE I LEFT OUT. Overall I ENJOY FB amd how its always got something new and exciting.  You can pretty much search anything and it will POP Up!
CONS-
- the only thing I would say is privacy. Its has improved from previous years BUT there will always be hackers. And the flu or even triple friend request from "fake" people is ANNOYING! BEING HACKED ISNT FUN....BUT it is LIFE and it CAN HAPPEN! OTHER THAN this i have been a faithful member since 2008! I didn't like it at first switching from MySpace but it's Defintely grown on me!
**sidenote** I do MISS how when we opened our MySpace page the song we chose would play for our viewers. TOTALLY LOVED EXPRESSING MYSELF THRU MUSIC!! 😀😀😀
Kim L.
Owasso

I love facebook for many reasons...
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Facebook is a social media website. If I remember my history correctly this website was started for military soldiers to be able to stay in contact with their families. But, it grew into something much larger. For the most part, I have had a good experience with Facebook. But, sometimes Facebook has a lot of drama. This is why I gave it a 3-star rating instead of a 5-star rating. Another reason it only got three stars is because they keep changing things on the site and a lot of times it makes Facebook at strange. Also, I know that they must moderate the content of the post being put on Facebook, but sometimes they put you in what I call Facebook jail for some of the stupidest reasons. I think that that is because they depend on an algorithm 2 look out for what should not be on Facebook. I think they need to change this algorithm because is putting people in violations of their term of service when they really aren't. Other than that, I use Facebook as a way to keep in contact with my family. That is the only reason he got three stars was because of my family being on there and being able to keep in touch with them. My favorite thing that I use on Facebook is video chat. I use that to speak with my grandchildren on a regular basis.
t s.
I used to love it but I have become very bored of it. They really haven’t had much changes and if they do it’s what every other social media app already has. I think teens and young adults just don’t have that same connection with it like other apps. Just really a lot of useless stuff you never use, reminders of when you became friends with someone all the time, and just looks too much going on with the ads everywhere. I think that it’s appealing more to the older adults. Still nice to connect with family and friends every once in a while.
Jenna B.
I've been using Facebook since 2007, and it has changed immensely in the 11 years that I have been using it. It is user friendly and easy to connect to find people that are important in your circle or farther out. I also like the management of social media pages, however, to reach more people, Facebook has changed its algorithm so that you must pay to get more viewers. Otherwise for personal use, the new groups option makes it interesting to expand social interests and to communicate with new friends or to make new friends.
Jessica D.
Westbrook, ME
I use facebook for both personal use and business use so this review is kinda in two parts

PERSONAL: for personal use facebook is great! I love getting to see all of my friend's posts and sharing my life with everyone! I have no problems at all with the service on this end
BUSINESS: Business use of facebook is pretty terrible right now. It is almost impossible to have your page succeed and be seen with their current algorithm. At the moment, the best way to have your posts be seen is to pay facebook and I feel like this is exploiting it's userbase. Right now how it is, people who like your page rarely even see the page's posts without the post being a paid ad and it's almost impossible to have new people find your page without paying facebook money. I wish their page system was more similar to personal pages on facebook where people who have followed your page and want to see the posts from it will actually be able to see them.
Andrea S.
Medford, OR
I love using facebook to keep in touch with friends and family, but I wish I felt like I had control over privacy (recent data breach, followed by recent programmer glitch compromised user data). I think the platform started out as something great, open to those with email from an educational institution. As an "open-to-all" program, it's become a swamp of ads and fundafarians with echo-chamber nurturing discussion groups.
Davina H.
Easy way to connect with friends and family when and if you’re not exactly in the same state to keep up. Great way to keep everyone up to date with what’s going on with your life. I love this app and I love the way it’s constantly changing. Keeps it interesting. Everyone should have this app. ADD ME!
Megan M.
This platform has clearly gone way out of control recently and continues to “expand” and cause global issues. It was great at first when there weren’t as many features and it was the place for young adults to go. Now all of our parents use it and apparently hackers so I don’t use it. It’s annoying though because so many accounts are linked to it that I can’t really delete my account.
Kaytlyn H.
I used to love Facebook. I have mostly close family and friends on my Facebook to stay in contact but it has gotten old. There is to many ads, judging, negativity and drama. I like to use it to stay in contact with family but I rarely browse it anymore.
Sylvia O.
Baldwin Park, CA
How much time do you spend on Facebook throughout the day?
Ashley S.
Bronx, NY
Which Facebook games do you play? Which are your favorite?
Rachael W.
Titusville, FL
Do you like Top Stories or Most Recent for your newsfeed? I like most recent better!
Amy J.
How annoying is it when a post says something like "if you love jesus like & share, just keep scrolling if you hate him and are going to hell"?
Tiffany M.
What do you think of being forced to download the new messenger app?