Keeping up with friends is faster than ever. See what friends are up to. Share updates, photos and videos. Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts. Text, chat and have group conversations. Play games and use your favorite apps.
Facebook is an online social networking service. Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.see more...
Top Questions See all 580 Q&A
- "I love facebook as it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, I do wish they would stop making changes so often." in 78 reviews
- "I enjoy it and the idea of it, but I only ever use it to get in touch with family members that do not know how to work other social medias." in 44 reviews
- "I really hate the fact that it forces you to get the messenger app to message people, like it takes up so much space on my phone!" in 27 reviews
- "I used to be obsessed with Facebook when we all left MySpace, but now I use it mainly to stay connected with family , but still really good app !" in 25 reviews
- "I also find it to be very slow at times with updating what is going on in the feed, but other than that, it is a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends, sharing your thoughts, opinions, and seeing what everyone has been up to. " in 23 reviews
-stay connected with family & friends from all parts of your life, past & present. Childhood, employers, teachers, best friends, new friends, family in other countries. Meeting new people all around the world
-its entertaining you can pretty much find anything on here from actual news to "gossip" if you are into it! Lets be real we all know we have searched that one ex or that ex's new fling LOL. Honestly it has many perks. Videos, games, shopping, etc!
- MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING! Free way to advertise yourself, your business, your work and ideas!!-
- it provides you past memories which is neat to see where your mind set was at a year ago and shows you just how much or little you have changed. Maybe a different circle of friends, new job, got married or won the lottery going from broke to rich LOL 😀
- SO MANY MORE AREAS IM SURE I LEFT OUT. Overall I ENJOY FB amd how its always got something new and exciting. You can pretty much search anything and it will POP Up!
- the only thing I would say is privacy. Its has improved from previous years BUT there will always be hackers. And the flu or even triple friend request from "fake" people is ANNOYING! BEING HACKED ISNT FUN....BUT it is LIFE and it CAN HAPPEN! OTHER THAN this i have been a faithful member since 2008! I didn't like it at first switching from MySpace but it's Defintely grown on me!
**sidenote** I do MISS how when we opened our MySpace page the song we chose would play for our viewers. TOTALLY LOVED EXPRESSING MYSELF THRU MUSIC!! 😀😀😀
I opened my account in 2008, back then it was all games and connect with people from high school and family who live far away. But then companies started to invade facebook and everybody was there. and with companies on social media, there comes the commercials. And with companies there comes the videos, lots of videos.
People don't interact the same they used to. and it migh not be facebooks fault.
I only keep my fb account because some family is the only place you can "see" when they live far away and to be in contact we.But facebook is not as fun as it used to be.
PERSONAL: for personal use facebook is great! I love getting to see all of my friend's posts and sharing my life with everyone! I have no problems at all with the service on this end
BUSINESS: Business use of facebook is pretty terrible right now. It is almost impossible to have your page succeed and be seen with their current algorithm. At the moment, the best way to have your posts be seen is to pay facebook and I feel like this is exploiting it's userbase. Right now how it is, people who like your page rarely even see the page's posts without the post being a paid ad and it's almost impossible to have new people find your page without paying facebook money. I wish their page system was more similar to personal pages on facebook where people who have followed your page and want to see the posts from it will actually be able to see them.
if you ask me. I don’t see anything I want to see anymore and am mostly bombarded by annoying, inappropriate ads. I’m only still on it to keep in contact with friends I don’t see too often. And God help me if I get one more request from some woman trying to sell me something. Ugh.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos