BY FACEBOOK, INC. #9 in Websites

Keeping up with friends is faster than ever. See what friends are up to. Share updates, photos and videos. Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts. Text, chat and have group conversations. Play games and use your favorite apps.

Facebook is an online social networking service. Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

• What number is an influenster High Impact Score ??14 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite social media site Facebook Instagram...4 Answers
  • How annoying is it when a post says something like "if you love j...21 Answers
Facebook
  • "I love facebook as it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, I do wish they would stop making changes so often." in 78 reviews
  • "I enjoy it and the idea of it, but I only ever use it to get in touch with family members that do not know how to work other social medias." in 44 reviews
  • "I really hate the fact that it forces you to get the messenger app to message people, like it takes up so much space on my phone!" in 27 reviews
  • "I used to be obsessed with Facebook when we all left MySpace, but now I use it mainly to stay connected with family , but still really good app !" in 25 reviews
  • "I also find it to be very slow at times with updating what is going on in the feed, but other than that, it is a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends, sharing your thoughts, opinions, and seeing what everyone has been up to. " in 23 reviews
Alejandra B.
Saint Cloud
I love facebook for many reasons...
-stay connected with family & friends from all parts of your life, past & present. Childhood, employers, teachers, best friends, new friends, family in other countries. Meeting new people all around the world
-its entertaining you can pretty much find anything on here from actual news to "gossip" if you are into it!  Lets be real we all know we have searched that one ex or that ex's new fling LOL. Honestly it has many perks. Videos, games, shopping, etc!
- MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING!  Free way to advertise yourself, your business, your work and ideas!!-
- it provides you past memories which is neat to see where your mind set was at a year ago and shows you just how much or little you have changed. Maybe a different circle of friends, new job, got married or won the lottery going from broke to rich LOL 😀
- SO MANY MORE AREAS IM SURE I LEFT OUT. Overall I ENJOY FB amd how its always got something new and exciting.  You can pretty much search anything and it will POP Up!
CONS-
- the only thing I would say is privacy. Its has improved from previous years BUT there will always be hackers. And the flu or even triple friend request from "fake" people is ANNOYING! BEING HACKED ISNT FUN....BUT it is LIFE and it CAN HAPPEN! OTHER THAN this i have been a faithful member since 2008! I didn't like it at first switching from MySpace but it's Defintely grown on me!
**sidenote** I do MISS how when we opened our MySpace page the song we chose would play for our viewers. TOTALLY LOVED EXPRESSING MYSELF THRU MUSIC!! 😀😀😀
Rori L.
OGDEN, UT
i only use Facebook to keep in touch with my family that lives out of state. other then that, Facebook is just pointless. social media like Facebook is just tearing people apart. if you cant see that you must be starstruck. the fact you cant even see a message in their own app is bizarre. Facebook now has ads on top of ads. a suggestion bar of people i do NOT know. this app can cause a relationship to go south real quick. i cant see a post i viewed 5 minutes ago, because Facebook doesn't want to repeat stories? you have to put a number in to have one, people can locate you by that number you put in. this is just not the safest site to be having or using.  like i said the only good thing about it is, you can keep in touch and see family in other states.
Blanca D.
I used to like facebook before.
I opened my account in 2008, back then it was all games and connect with people from high school and family who live far away. But then companies started to invade facebook and everybody was there. and with companies on social media, there comes the commercials. And with companies there comes the videos, lots of videos.
People don't interact the same they used to. and it migh not be facebooks fault.
I only keep my fb account because some family is the only place you can "see" when they live far away and to be in contact we.But facebook is not as fun as it used to be.
Vee D.
Chicago
I've been on Facebook forever and I love how much it has evolved since I first signed up! I love that I get to share my greatest moments with my family and friends and keep in touch with them as well, especially from out of town! It's also great to join in groups and meet new people who share the same interest as me! I actually think I may addicted to Facebook though considering I stayed up until 1am just scrolling through my news feed knowing I had to be up early in the morning, but that's just how great it is. It's the first thing I check when I wake up and the last thing I check before I go to sleep!
t s.
I used to love it but I have become very bored of it. They really haven’t had much changes and if they do it’s what every other social media app already has. I think teens and young adults just don’t have that same connection with it like other apps. Just really a lot of useless stuff you never use, reminders of when you became friends with someone all the time, and just looks too much going on with the ads everywhere. I think that it’s appealing more to the older adults. Still nice to connect with family and friends every once in a while.
Maci P.
Atoka
Best way to keep in contact with your friends and family, whether they live close by, states away, or countries away.. Post what's on your mind, ask for recommendations from friends, share videos of your own, or share others posts and videos. You can do it all with this app. Create a personal Facebook, create a group page for your business, or make a private group page specifically for your students to interact and ask each other questions and keep up with what's going on in the classroom, and so much more!
Jessica D.
Westbrook, ME
I use facebook for both personal use and business use so this review is kinda in two parts

PERSONAL: for personal use facebook is great! I love getting to see all of my friend's posts and sharing my life with everyone! I have no problems at all with the service on this end
BUSINESS: Business use of facebook is pretty terrible right now. It is almost impossible to have your page succeed and be seen with their current algorithm. At the moment, the best way to have your posts be seen is to pay facebook and I feel like this is exploiting it's userbase. Right now how it is, people who like your page rarely even see the page's posts without the post being a paid ad and it's almost impossible to have new people find your page without paying facebook money. I wish their page system was more similar to personal pages on facebook where people who have followed your page and want to see the posts from it will actually be able to see them.
Jillian M.
Facebook is so different from what it was when I signed up in 2008. Gone way downhill
if you ask me. I don’t see anything I want to see anymore and am mostly bombarded by annoying, inappropriate ads. I’m only still on it to keep in contact with friends I don’t see too often. And God help me if I get one more request from some woman trying to sell me something. Ugh.
Kayla A.
Washington, NC
I love Facebook. I love being able to see what everyone else is up to and be able to keep in touch with people that don’t live close. I like that I can add all my pictures up there so if something were to happen to my phone, I would have all of them on Facebook. It has so many great features, like yard sale sites, jobs, and so many others. I use this app every day
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
I really enjoy having facebook, a website/app that allows you to stay connected with friends and family through posts, pictures or videos and even keep up with anything you would like to know. Now you can even sell and buy on there, having that all in one place is a good option. However I don't feel that your privacy is truly kept through facebook.
Sylvia O.
Baldwin Park, CA
How much time do you spend on Facebook throughout the day?
Ashley S.
Bronx, NY
Which Facebook games do you play? Which are your favorite?
Rachael W.
Titusville, FL
Do you like Top Stories or Most Recent for your newsfeed? I like most recent better!
Amy J.
How annoying is it when a post says something like "if you love jesus like & share, just keep scrolling if you hate him and are going to hell"?
Tiffany M.
What do you think of being forced to download the new messenger app?