BY URBAN DECAY #22 in Eyeshadow

A sheer nude eye shadow primer. Packaged in a new squeeze tube with a precise needle nose, Eyeshadow Primer Potion is an ultra-sheer, totally nude base that glides onto the skin. The original, award-winning formula disappears instantly and is the... see more...

• Do you apply this by itself or do you put concealer on th...3 Answers
  • What’s the best way to apply? On naked eyes or with found...2 Answers
Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original 0.37 oz / 11 ml
  • "This is the best eyeshadow primer out there!  It’s pricey but lasts a long time. I received it with a naked palette purchase. The packaging is great and it’s a good value for how long it lasts. It makes my eyeshadow last longer and look better. I would recommend this for those with oily lids like mine!" in 7 reviews
Roxanne o.
Bakersfield, CA
Recently I used this Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original 0.37 oz / 11 ml for the first time. I got this from sephora in my #SideEyeTrio 500 point #VIB point redemption gift. It’s awesome!

I’ve only used a sample of a liquid/cream eyeshadow primer once. (I typically used a powder one.) This one is creamy kind of. It was good, though If I’m being honest.. i prefer too faced shadow insurance over it because I need and use less with theirs.

I love the applicator tip and it kept my shadows on well all day, they didn’t crease or crack. They didn’t flake either. I love it! I would definitely buy this full size! It’s also a great gift idea and a great thing I’d enjoy finding in my ipsy bag.

#UDJunkies #UD #UDCosmetics #MakeupReviews #roxyreviews #sephoraproducts #sephoraproductreviews #UrbanDecay #UrbanDecayJunkies #UDPrimerPotion #SephoraInsider #SephoraVIB #eyeshadowprimer #roxyreviews #makeupoftheday #motd #honestbeautyreviews #makeuprevolution #makeupAddicts #beautyproducts #cosmetics #cosmeticfun #ilovemakeup #MakeupNotWar #UD #bbloggers #beautybloggers #beautyblogger
Mandi M.
Ballwin
I absolutely LOVE Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have tried them all and love each one for different looks. The formula is so smooth and creamy. It's not heavy at all, so you don't get creasing or a weird texture like some eye primers cause. My shadow lasts all day and I feel like it looks better as the day goes on. I can swim or shower and my shadow stays put, until I remove it—at the same time, it come off easily with cleanser and I don't have to scrub to get it off. If I sleep in it, my shadow still looks perfect when I wake. This stuff makes even cheaper shadows look high end. It definitely helps my less pigmented shadows out. A tube lasts forever. I also like the packaging so much more than the old tubes, that were adorable, but wasted a ton of product. The new packaging has no waste. I have tried so many different high end primers and this one is always my favorite.

Pictured: Minor Sin, Original and Eden.
-The Original (purple tube) is an almost translucent nude that is just enough to cover veins and imperfections. It has a matte nude finish.
-The Minor Sin (brown tube) is kind of a champagne frost finish.
-Eden (cream color tube) is a more opaque, slightly yellow/skin color cream that is perfect for doing cut crease.
Jamie M.
We’re eyeshadow primers even a thing before primer potion? I’m seriously asking, because if they were nobody did it right until this bad boy hit the market! One of the best, no doubt, and beyond a cult classic... this is the OG holy grail that taught us all what eyeshadows could, should and need to do with a proper base! With that said, I gave 4 stars out of 5 simply because I prefer the colored primer potions, but that’s a personal preference. I have small veins and slight discoloration on my eyelids, so I don’t gravitate towards clear or sheer primers as a general rule. However, I do still have the classic primer potion in my collection, and probably always will! In my opinion Eden is probably the best of the options when it comes to this product, but again, that’s a personal preference!
Lydia B.
Brigham City, UT
The classic eyeshadow primer. This primer works great for my eyes, until I use too much. You seriously only need a small small amount. If I use more than a dot on my eyelids I get creases like crazy. Other that that, when I don’t get too excited; I love the longevity of this product. Overall this primer works great! It’s pricey, and concealer and powder works just as good for me.. so I only end up using this primer for special occasions. I would recommend this to someone wanting to try something new out, but I will not be repurchasing due to price.
Julie M.
I use this primer every time i do my makeup. It holds my eyeshadow for the entire day, and there have been several times when I was younger where I fell asleep after a party with all my makeup on (I know, terrible) and when I woke up my eyeshadow didn't budge. I was floored. I apply to my eyelids with my finger, and as it gets tacky I tap lightly with my finger to spread it evenly. It doesn't take long for it to dry. I know it's recommended to set primer with a setting powder but I never have and have no issues with it lasting or staying put.
Chelsea 💋.
Egg Harbor Township
I have been using Urban Decay primer potion for over 6 years. My eyeshadow never creases with it on and it is a very lightweight, and smooth formula. Although I like their other primer potions (ie. Sin), you can't go wrong with the original. I recently bought the smaller tube from Sephora for $12 which in my opinion is a steal. The only problem I've had with this product is that over time it seems to get thicker/dries up the more you open it and expose it to the air. This is why I was really pleased to see the smaller tubes at Sephora.
Kristina B.
Olathe, KS
I’m not sure I like this as much as everyone else. I just don’t agree with the hype. I just turned 30 so maybe that’s a part of it. Everyone says it’s the best but I always have issues with it, and end up having to take it off and use something else. It ends up getting too tacky and making even more texture on my eyelids than I started with. No matter what methods or tools I use it just looks bad. I’m still on the hunt for a good primer that’s long lasting and doesn’t create texture. This ones just not for me.
Ashtyn Y.
Hubert, NC
This is easily my favorite eyeshadow primer I’ve tried. I usually just go with the original but I do know you can get this in other shades along with extra benefits (anti-aging) which is nice if you want or need those things. It’s a light white color, kind of tacky... super easy to apply and blend out. I can tell when I don’t use this and my eyeshadows don’t blend out as nice, my eyeshadow creases or my wear isn’t as long as it usually is. This is a must have for anyone who wears eyeshadow!
anna s.
Urban decay eye primer potion is a great product. It really allows for the eyeshadow color pigment to pop. Although this is one of my go to eyeshadow primers, the last 2 times i purchased this product, it appeared to be very runny and had a difficult time setting to my eye lid. The first time i purchased this product i was blown away by its quality. I dont know if it was just a coincidence or if their quality declined but my last two purchases of this product were a disappointment.
Isabelle G.
Minneapolis, MN
I love, love, love this product! The quality is great and the price is great! It lasts for a long time. When using this product it gives your eyelids a lighter color, so when you apply eyeshadow the color if it stays the exact same. It keeps my eyeshadow on for the whole day, and keeps in looking beautiful on my eyes. The only reason i did not give this a 5 star rating was because of the application brush. It’s kinda pokey so i have to use my finger to apply it on my eyes.
Brianna Z.
Do you apply this by itself or do you put concealer on then this ?
Emily A.
Bluefield, VA
What’s the best way to apply? On naked eyes or with foundation under?