BY AUSSIE #89 in Hairspray

Instant Freeze Aerosol Hairspray will give you a firm hold over your hair and leave you with the ultimate polished look. Made with Australian Aloe, Jojoba Oil and Sea Kelp, this hair spray will give you a firm hold. Washes out easily. see more...

Alexandra Z.
Greenwich

With the last full case I went through, I had 7 cans that worked well....4 that stopped working about halfway through....and 1 that wouldn't spray right from the get-go. It seems to be some kind of pressurization issue, as the problematic cans will usually give a couple of quick sprays before they start sputtering and spitting out large droplets instead of an aerosol (then they stop completely). Typically, if you let the can sit for a couple of minutes, you can get another quick burst before it starts sputtering again.

I have tried running the nozzle under warm water in case it was simply a clog (it didn't help)...and I've also taken the nozzle off of an empty can that had worked well and put it onto a can that wasn't working - no difference at all.

With my most recent purchase, the very first can out of the case stopped working after 2 or 3 uses. The 2nd can I grabbed is working OK for the time being.

All of that being said, as great as the actual hairspray is (in my opinion and with my hair type, at least), when its packaging prevents you from fully using that product, it's not worth buying. The manufacturer really should look into this problem and fix it. Until then, I guess I'm going to have to try to find another brand simply because I don't relish paying for product I cannot use.

ADDENDUM 02-18-17

After a brief improvement (1 case where the cans fully worked), I'm back to the original issue. I currently have FIVE cans sitting on my bathroom counter - all at various fill levels (one brand new....a second used perhaps only 3-4 times) - and I'm unable to successfully use the product. As my initial review describes, the cans will provide a spray or two of hairspray, then will start sputtering large droplets and stop altogether. If you allow the cans to sit for a period of time, you can typically get another spray or two before the scenario repeats itself. With my last purchase (case of 12), 5 cans sit on my counter....4 are still in my cupboard - meaning that I have only been able to fully use 3 cans at this point. Three cans out of the 8 I have so far tried - that's completely unacceptable. I am now going to call the company to complain because I'm sick of them basically short-changing their customers.
Joanna V.
Brownsville, TX
When I was in high school, I used hairspray a lot for different reasons. The first one being I was rather alternative and needed something strong to hold up my thick hair after I teased it a bit, and that was this product. It held my hair, ALL. DAY. LONG. This wouldn't be a problem, if I didn't look back on that hair as such an embaressment for me. 10/10 as a hairspray. 0/10 for pleasant memories. However, my senior year, I used this hairspray again. No, not to tease my hair but because I became a color guard performer with my high school marchig band. Color guard involved lots of curled hair, neat buns, and fun hairstyles that this product hped us maintain in heat, wind, sweat, and sometimes tears. 10/10 as a hairspray. 8/10 pleasant memories. Aussie, you redeemed yourself. (I included hairstyles we used during my senior year, but not of my scene hair haha)

Also, if you don't have setting spray to set and protect your makeup, This hairspray works for that too.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
If you are looking for a hair spray that will freeze you hair in position then, this spray is for you.  It will hold your style however, after a couple of hours, your hair looks like it is frozen in time.  My hair became flat and it was almost impossible to run a comb through it to restyle it.  I do like the way it smells but, its a little too strong for me.
Kayla F.
Boonsboro , MD
Absolutely love the hold this hair spray has. Your hair literally won't move. The smell is very distinct, but not a bad smell. I used this for my wedding and it held my curls/style the whole time even though I have fine blonde hair that never holds curls. I would definitely buy it again- though I normally don't need that much hold.
Christine R.
Yakima, WA
I have very thin, fine hair that does not like to keep a curl. This is the best inexpensive hairspray that has kept my curls in through work and nights out. I'm not sensitive to smells or anything but I think its scent is quite bearable. I have repurchased this numerous times and will continue to do so!
Jessica S.
Stevenson, AL
I love the way Aussie hairspray smells and it holds my hair in place very well. I spray my hair and it stays all day. It is just as good if not better than the more expensive brands. And this is so much cheaper than the others. This hairspray is perfect.
Emily D.
Douglas, GA
This hairspray is the best freeze spray for when you need your hair to stay in place. I use it for weddings or just a nice night out with my husband. Its long lasting and it will sometimes hold until the next day depending on how you sleep. I love it.
Shannon Y.
Ashtabula, OH
If I don't want my hair to move in windy weather, I know what to use! This hairspray definitely holds well, but doesn't feel super crunchy. It also has a pleasant smell, unlike some other aerosol hairsprays I've used.
Gea M.
New Britain, CT
I have been using this product for years. It is my go to product and never lets me down. It holds like no other and has a very distinct scent that smells great. I highly recommend this product. And it is affordable.
Jennifer R.
Oklahoma City , OK
I use hairspray only so often and this is a great hairspray. It lasts all day, so you don't have to worry about your hair messing up if you use this product. It exceeded my expectations. I have purchased mine at Walmart and target. No room for improvement
Sharon M.
Dryden, VA
My hair is very long and straight. Is there a good product that I can use to maybe not wash my hair everyday? Like a dry shampoo, I've tried one certain brand, and did not like it.
brittany w.
I have a hard time finding the right hairspray for my hair I'm constantly always having static will this help and hold up for a long time ?