BY KATE SOMERVILLE #55 in Facial Cleansers

A daily foaming cleanser that gently cleanses away oil, makeup and surface impurities to reveal softer, smoother skin.

Benefits

A foaming facial cleanser, gentle enough for daily use and designed to maximize the benefits of Kate's #1 best-selling ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.

• Gently removes surface impurities, oil and makeup.
  • Refines the appearance of skin texture without over-drying.
  • Refreshes, softens and conditions skin.
  • Helps reduce the appearance of pores.

Key Ingredients

• Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid refine the appearance of pores and help clear buildup on skin's surface.
  • Pineapple, Pumpkin and Papaya Enzymes gently purify without over-drying, leaving skin feeling soft and moisturized.

• Is it normal to have an initial breakout? Since its my first time...1 Answers
  • I went to Sephora a few months back to get a sample of the cleans...1 Answers
  • I have oily skin, does this cleanser help to keep oil production ...1 Answers
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
The following opinions are mine and mine only. I tried this cleanser because I had heard so much hype about it at the local beauty store and I loved another product in the line that helped as a spot treatment for acne. So I bought a small size of this cleanser and it only took a little bit of a creamy dot on my face brush and it easily worked up into a lather that covered my whole face. It does smell a little like citrus which is not my favorite smell, but if that does not bother you I think this is a great one.
I did note, however, that the Detox wash that comes with the acne kit actually has the acids that are in this on top of other acids so if you are looking for getting rid of spots and getting a glowing complexion just know that the detox cleanser in this line has several different acids to tackle several different problems while there is only glycolic and salicylic acid in this one. Ps. The smell from the detox wash did not bother me. I still have it.
Vale R.
Baton Rouge, LA
This cleanser does the job, my skin feels clean and soft after I use it. I usually have a lot of acne and this product did not cause any break outs. I personally love Kate Summerville products, and as always, there are a lot of great ingredients in this formula. The cleanser is creamy, has a nice green color, and foams great. The only thing that I do not like about this product is the smell (this is just my personal opinion, you might like it). It has an orange-citrus-anis-liquorish aroma that I just highly dislike. I do want to clear out that this product does not have any physical exfoliadors so you will not feel any grainy sensation while using it. The name exfolikate can be a little misleading since people usually expect a physical exfoliator, but this product does have enzymes and other compounds that are suppose to exfolite the skin and make
it smoother.
Katrina H.
Houston, AR
I've only had a sample tube of this from a gift with purchase, so I can't give any long term effects. It's a gentle cleanser, but still packs a punch in helping to exfoliate. I use it on double cleanse nights. I do love the smell and find the price fair. Kate Somerville makes truly wonderful skincare, so no complaints for me. I docked one star because it didn't just change my life. It was effective, but didn't wow me.
Martha W.
I have combination acne-prone skin and this stuff is awesome! I use this with my FOREO LUNA mini 2 Midnight. It is foamy and creamy and is awesome at clearing up my skin! I received this complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest opinion, however I have already purchased this again at Sephora. It is a staple to have in your skin care collection if you have acne prone skin!
Marta A.
This cleanser is amazing, smells and feels wonderful. I have sensitive but oily skin so if i use certain cleansers they will make me break out but this is sensitive enough to not make my face red and for it to fuction perfectly with my skin. I have noticed a big improvement of my skin. When I apply it, it feels great and almost gives me a sense of cooling gel being applied on my skin, it feels so luxurious. I use it once a day usually during my morning routine or if i wore loads of makeup i will use it at night during my nighttime routine. It leaves my skin so soft and glowy but not in an oily way.
Morgan P.
This face wash effectively cuts through oily buildup at the end of the day and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. The fragrance in this face wash is bright and fun - It reminds me of Fruit Loops actually! For a face wash with "Foaming" in the name, however, it doesn't actually foam all that much. The price is fairly steep at $19 for 1.7 oz at Sephora and $38 for 4 oz. "How To Use: AM and PM. Use twice a day. Apply a small amount to wet face and neck and massage gently for 30 seconds. Rinse and gently pat dry. For optimal results, use with the ExfoliKate® Exfoliating Treatment appropriate for your skin type 1 to 2 times a week."

I received this product from Influenster in exchange for an honest review.
Haley F.
wilmington, VT
Smells fantastic, I love the packaging, but didn’t see any added benefits from what I was already using (eminence). I do like that the 3 part routine seems simple and it is easy to travel with and it almost forced me to use it as often as I should, because I’m usually bad with following through with my skincare every day.
Mallory C.
I was never one to spend my skincare budget towards high-end cleansers, but when I got this in a holiday set my mind was changed.  I still just use Garnier's micellar water to remove make-up (it works just as well if not better than it's more expensive competition), but I use this as my second cleanse in the evening.  I do not use a daily physical exfoliant and instead use products like this with chemical exfoliants.  I notice a glow after use and the texture is lovely.  I normally don't like foaming washes (I find them to strip my skin), but this is a cream-based cleanser so I don't get that tight feeling - just fresh and clean.
AbaGayle B.
MARIETTA, GA
This product is wonderful, it leaves my skin feeling amazing. I love using this morning and night to clear my skin of any impurities, and really brighten and smooth my complexion. It is fantastic to use alone as a daily cleanser, but even works better whenever I'm using all of my other products by Kate Somerville. I would totally recommend!
Gladys D.
Williamstown , NJ
I got this from the kate Somerville site, it was having a sale I got this cleanser as a free gift with any purchase. I like it but my skin did not. The scent of this cleanser smelled like foot loops cereal. It actually foamed up like it claims and a little goes a long way. It left my skin initially feeling super clean and soft. After a while my skin reacted to it. My skin broke out tremendously and when I stopped using it my skin started to clear up after a week. I still have a way to go to get back to a totally clear face but it’s getting. And I’m afraid to use anything else from this brand because I’m afraid my skin won’t like it
Kristin H.
Temple, TX
Does this face wash have a physical exfoliant in it? And how does it compare to the detox cleanser for breakout-prone skin?
Brittany D.
E Liverpool, OH
How long does one bottle last?
Salina G.
San Jose, CA
What kind of results do you see from this? Is this suitable for dry skin?
Erica S.
Las vegas, NV
Is it normal to have an initial breakout? Since its my first time using a AHA cleanser.
Emily F.
Niles, OH
Think I need to give this a try I already use her cleanser and I absolutely love it!!