HealthBiometric MonitorsThermometersExergen
Comfort Scanner Temporal Thermometer

Exergen Comfort Scanner Temporal Thermometer

by Exergen

#8 in Thermometers

Accurate temperature with a gentle forehead scan. Method of choice of premier hospitals. Fast, accurate, non-invasive. Safe, and easy to use. Gentle stroke of forehead captures naturally emitted heat from skin over temporal artery. Red LED lights and soft beep indicate correct scan. Takes 1,000 readings per second, selecting the most accurate. Arterial heat balance computes the correct temperature. 9V battery included. More accurate than ear - Harvard Medical School study on infants. Accuracy comparable to rectal - Multiple hospital studies Why the temporal artery?

How accurate are the readings? I have a similar one and it gives me so many different temps in a range of a few minutes
Do you feel this really works? I tried to use it once and couldn't get a temperature read from it.
Start your review of Exergen Comfort Scanner Temporal Thermometer!
Samantha B.
Loveland, CO
This thermometer is a great option if you, like almost everyone else, need to take your own temperature before you leave the house. The only down side is that the temporal option can at times be inaccurate so best to do it a few times!
Sonja A.
Augusta, ME
Purchased at: Walmart
While this thermometer is accurate, you do have to swipe it a couple of times to get the temperature. Or maybe I’m just paranoid so I swipe it a few times? Either way the accuracy isn’t the issue. It’s the way you use it. The button is extremely finicky. You have to hold is just right and you can’t hold it down for too long or too short or it will beep incessantly at you. There is a rather ridiculous learning curve with it. Ive had it for two years now so I’ve figured out how to work it but it shouldn’t take a doctorate to get a temperature, yet this makes it feel like you need one.
Jessica M.
Ault, CO
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I wanted to have 2 thermometers just In the off chance one broke we would have a back up. I think this one gives you a quick read, is accurate, and my 14 month old boy has no issues when we go to check his temperature, parent win!
Pennee V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
This thermometer is not accurate. I saw good reviews on it so I put it on my baby registry. Any thermometer I have tried that is not rectal on my kids has given me different temps when I retemp for accuracy.
Bree C.
Lees Summit, MO
Mega Parent Expert Level 8
Purchased at: Walgreens
This works well. I would recommend it. It is only annoying when I want to take a temperature and it just runs through saved temperatures. I don’t know how to override that. It has the option of sound or silence, but it seems accurate and overall easy to use.
Jessica F.
Nicholson, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 9
This thermometer is very difficult to use. The results are very inaccurate. I feel as though I need a training on how to use this properly.
Angelica M.
Riverside, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This never seems accurate and why I gave it a low rating. When one of us had a fever, it wouldn't register. And it would stay around 96.1 degrees all the time. I would not recommend it to others.
Barbara M.
Derby, CT
I love my EXERGEN TEMPORAL ARTERY THERMOMETER TAT-2000C SCAN but I found it it a little bit difficult to change the battery when it dies. I like that it's a 9 volt battery as it seems to last a very long time (*I bought my thermometer in April 2013 and only now in February 2021 did I have to perform the first battery change). I thought the price was a little higher than your average digital thermometer at the time (I paid $99 in 2013) but it's so sturdy as it's survived a few accidental drops that I can't complain. It's truly a great investment for what you get.
Yoshira R.
Bakersfield, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 9
Exergen Comfort Scanner Temporal Thermometer uploaded by Yoshira R.
These thermometers didn’t work well for me. They kept showing the same temperature for everyone. Which was 96 point something. Even though my toddlers currently have fevers. I used one of the cheap thermometers instead and it read accurately unlike these thermometers. I even used two of them after exchanging the first one for the same issue. Turns out my toddlers have a fever of 101 and the other of 103. I’ll never buy this brand again. Here’s photos from this morning so you can see what I’m talking about. The cheap thermometer picked up a axillary temperature of 103.4! Meanwhile exergen is still at 96.5😡
Valeria O.
San Diego, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
This has been our go-to to use with our kids..its just easier to work with and they think its fun and they want to try themselves. We've had it for a while and haven't needed to replace the battery. We are very happy with it.