BY EXERGEN #3 in Thermometers

Accurate temperature with a gentle forehead scan. Method of choice of premier hospitals. Fast, accurate, non-invasive. Safe, and easy to use. Gentle stroke of forehead captures naturally emitted heat from skin over temporal artery. Red LED lights and soft beep indicate correct scan. Takes 1,000 readings per second, selecting the most accurate. Arterial heat balance computes the correct temperature. 9V battery included. More accurate than ear - Harvard Medical School study on infants. Accuracy comparable to rectal - Multiple hospital studies Why the temporal artery? see more...

rori w.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I bought this when my daughter had a fever and i didn't want that one fora dollar everyone has in there drawer.  I went and bought this at the lovely  Walgreens
Jenny V.
Los Angeles , CA
ets Start out by saying we LOVE Braun in our family! We got this as a voxbox to review and coming into cold season I was excited to test it out.

Pros:
The thermometer turns on extremely quick and is ready to go much quicker than our older Braun.
Its EXTREMELY easy to use and guides you when needed. So if you are too far away from the forehead to do the no touch it displays a FWD sign until you get close enough.
The color screen along with easy to ready numbers are perfect. Its much like a stop light in the colors. Green means normal/good, yellow is slightly high and red means high.
It doesn't take long to read the temp whether its the no touch or when putting it to forehead so that means for those with young kids its extremely quick and isn't a hassle.

Cons
Really the biggest con for me is I noticed that the no touch part is more inaccurate compared to the touch to the forehead. I did a test with my old Braun in the ear thermometer that I've used for years and the forehead touch and my old one were very close in degrees (maybe slightly off by .02-.04 degrees). the no touch seemed to sometimes fluctuate in degrees by 1 or 2 degrees compared to the other ways. So that can mean the difference between a high temp or a "need to watch" temp. So its not often I use the no touch part but its nice to have with a quick check.

I would recommend this thermometer no doubt about it to any mom! It really does make the sick days a little less of a hassle on the temperature taking!
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I had a digital thermometer that quit working for a week. I wanted to replace it with a small ear thermometer that I bought 10 years ago for my son but couldn't find the one I wanted. I bought this one after reading the great reviews. I regret this purchase. 1, it was not cheap but is cheaply made. It just feels so extremely flimsy that I'm sure if I accidentally drop it or step on it, it's done and I'll have to replace it. 2, it is not easy to use at all. If you lose the instructions you're either searching Google for instructions or you'll be pushing buttons and just changing random settings. 3, it is not accurate at all. Ill use it once and it will say 98. Use it once more immediately after, 101. Once more, 97. Then, 104. It's not helpful at all. I really dont use it anymore, I just feel my daughter's forehead and if she feels warm and has other symptoms, I'll just call the doctor.
Kelli S.
Kalama, WA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I really wanted to like this thermometer, I really did, but it’s not the most reliable thermometer to have when you have a young son. It doesn’t always take the most accurate temperature being a forehead thermometer, and sometimes it literally all over the place. Probably wouldn’t recommend it.
Kaytlyn H.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This is terrible! I have this at work and it's the worst thing I've ever uses. It's constantly wrong, doesn't turn on. Turns off and loses power easily. I do not trust this and don't recommend.
Pamela P.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
It’s a great thermometer but it’s a little difficult to turn on and hurry up and check the temperature. I wish it was a simple button to turn on and then another button to press when you’re ready to check your temperature. I wouldn’t repurchase this thermometer. But the bonus it accept regularAA batteries.
alicia c.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is not the best thermometer out there. I don't feel like it gives an accurate reading and you need to scan it across the forehead instead of just holding in place. Not good for the younger under 2 kid group.
Shatoya D.
Waretown, NJ
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is a must for small children and elderly! It was so hard to get an accurate temp on my little ones in the past. My son’s ear canal was too small for the tympanic thermometer and the axillary temp is hard when baby won’t sit still. This is easy and accurate. I love this.
Alyssa H.
Lincoln, NE
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I just got this product and so far it has been amazing. I had an ear thermometer that was extremely unreliable and this one has been great since I started using it. I am satisfied thus far so we will see if it continues!
Yvette P.
San Diego , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
So I had this with my daughter and it always worked great. Then I bought it again with my son and it was crap. Sooo I don’t know what happened. With my daughter it was super easy to use. You just swipe and it gives an accurate reading. It’s quick and reliable.

With my son for some reason it always gave different readings. And i would have to keep swiping. It died super fast also.

So I probably had a defected one the second time around.
Desiree A.
Middle Vlg, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Do you feel this really works? I tried to use it once and couldn't get a temperature read from it.
Monica C.
Middle Village
How accurate are the readings? I have a similar one and it gives me so many different temps in a range of a few minutes