Add a Photo

By EVIAN
#4 in Facial Mists

A favorite choice of skin care professionals! Propelled under high pressure by nitrogen (80% of the air we breathe is nitrogen, 20% oxygen). The ultra-fine pure, natural mist allows the skin to absorb. evian® Facial Spray has a unique mineral balance along with exceptional purity so it benefits all skin types, even the most sensitive. Economical – best buy for home. The 10 oz. size lasts about two months and should be a daily part of every woman’s skin care regime.

Photos (80)
Laura C.
Laura C.
Los Angeles, CA

I'm a big fun of this product been using it for the last 10 years or so. this is just water, but packaged wonderfully. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and the little Evian spritzers (I carry one with me all the time in the winter) help immeasurably. I spray a little on before moisturizing, or when my skin is flaking. I always take these on planes--and spritz my face every two hours--and find that this keeps my skin from drying out and from becoming too oily (in reaction to the dryness) on long flights.

Some reviewers have scoffed at this product, pointing out that it's just water and speculating that the brand name is the draw. I don't drink Evian water very often (I prefer other brands, if I'm drinking bottled water), and if I could find a comparable product I would definitely try it out. Similar products, like the Body Shop face mists, tend to be scented and irritate my (very sensitive) skin (the exception to this is the face spritz from the Boots Botanical line, but that is hard to find outside of the UK); I've considered just getting a spray bottle and putting regular water in it, but those tend to have larger, more forceful sprayers and I don't want to point one at my face.

With the Evian brumisateur, you're getting just water, but that's all you need; it's conveniently packaged, lasts a long time for such a small bottle, and I love the way it feels. Highly recommended (and thank goodness they're carry-on approved, if you buy the small size!)
Brianne R.
Brianne R.

I started using this a couple of summers ago instead of toner and wish I'd started sooner. It would have saved my sensitive combination skin a lot of trouble. I keep it in the fridge to spritz after I wash my face, then I apply my usual serum and moistrizer over top. Sometimes I give a light spritz to set my makeup after powdering as well. Best of all, on a hot day, in the middle of the day I spritz again, straight from the fridge. Very refreshing and reviving in the middle of a long, hot summer. My skin, which is prone to occasional psoriasis breakouts and is sometimes sensitive even to tap water, is 100% happier now, with far fewer, and less severe breakouts.

I also like the versatility of Evian Spray (which makes it more cost effective than it may seem), and it's become a must-have in my travel bag. In addition to using it as a toner and makeup setting spray I've used it to revive second day hair without adding more product, to tame flyaways for an updo, and on a road trip I've even used it to spritz-wash a skinned knee until I could get to running water.

Yes, it's water in a can. No, it's not the same if you put your own water in a spray bottle. DIY spray water bottles can grow mildew if you don't thoroughly clean and sanitize them with bleach once a week. This is packaged to be hygienic. It also sprays a finer mist than a typical spray bottle, which is part of why it works so well. (The two largest sizes seem to have the best mist.)
Libby W.
Libby W.

People who comment that this just "fancy water" aren't using it right. If you were to spray plain water on your makeup, chances are it would start to oxidize, not blend it all together on a hot day and keep it looking flawless. I use this as an alternative to MAC Fix +... Whenever I'm using shadows with a tendency for fallout, or that I just want to go on more pigmented that usual, I spray this on a brush and it packs the shadow on with the most gorgeous multi-dimensional look EVER. Whenever I apply my eyeshadow that way, it lasts me throughout the day. Yes, $7 is expensive for "water", but $7 is extremely inexpensive for a high quality setting spray. I don't give very many products the full 5/5, but this is definitely worthy of it.
Katie W.
Katie W.

Ladies, do yourselves a favor and research your body's skin barrier.  The truth is, your skin is not moisturized through water...At least not topically.  The skin is made to receive its moisture through oils and the acids they contain.  Not acid as in skin peeling or body dissolving, but the good kinds that make up proteins and other important factors that make us look healthy and young!  I'm telling you, this product feels great on a hot day outside when you just want something light to help you cool off...But the price on this baby is just not worth it.  You can buy a travel sized misting bottle and a bottle of Evian together for about $5, and it will last you ten times longer.
Laure H.
Laure H.
San Diego, CA

This is one of the most affordable mineral water sprays you can find in the US. The mist is very fine but strong.

I've had people ask how Evian spray compares to other similar products such as the Avène spray, so here's my answer: Evian has a much lower trace mineral content than similar thermal water sprays. It means that it's versatile but doesn't have the same skincare properties, for example to soothe sensitive, irritated skin. That's also why it's cheaper!

I use my Evian water spray to refresh, for example on the beach, after a run, or during a hot yoga class. I also use it as a toner, before applying face oil, or to prevent my clay masks from drying out completely (very very bad for your skin!).
Neen B.
Neen B.

Evian is definitely one of the first companies that introduced me to facial mist. I played tennis for years and my first encounter with Evian's facial spray was at the U.S. Open and from then it totally changed my life. Instead of constantly using the same sweaty towel I could throw on some mist & not even worry about the sweat at that point. Normally from playing so frequently I would get constant breakouts but this totally stopped it. I would honestly recommend this to anyone into sports, it's a great refresher during mid-game. And also for those having trouble with acne or even just a hot day. Especially for those who have trouble dealing with heat or children.
Megan P.
Megan P.
Ardmore, PA

At first I thought this was really stupid, but I travel for work a lot so I bought it to keep in my bag for long flights. Now I'm hooked on it. It's perfect for when you just want to feel a little fresher, cooler, more hydrated, whatever. I have used it over makeup before and it doesn't mess up the foundation. I also love to use it to smooth down fly away hairs, or to freshen up curl on days when I wear my hair natural. It's also great to keep on hand in case you get something sticky on your hands and can't immediately wash them (which happens more often than you'd think when you are on the road a lot. Overall, love this product and always have it in my bag.
Jade M.
Jade M.

I normally would never buy something like this, because why buy it when I've got a faucet at home, but now that I've tried it I'm kind of obsessed. For starters, it's compressed with nitrogen and not butane so it's not releasing a bunch of crap into the air.

Secondly, it's got a million and one uses. I have two kids who are dirty beyond belief and hand sanitizer doesn't clean anything it just sanitizes. This stuff is great for removing sticky ice cream, sand, cuts and scrapes, sun burns, diaper rashes, etc. it's uses are endless.

Lastly, it's great for setting makeup, refreshing my makeup throughout the day/night, or just for a quick spritz to wake me up.
Eva T.
Eva T.

I have actually did a YouTube video about this product. If you ride on motorcycles, this is a must have! During the hot summer months when you are doing a lot of riding on motorcycles, your face is not only battling the wind and sun but it is also having ever bit of moisture sucked from it. They also sell small purse size containers of this facial spray so it can easily fit into your saddlebag or small motorcycle pouch. When you stop for short breaks, mist your face with this and your skin will thank you. It hydrates your skin and it actually feels great having that fine mist sprayed on when you are extremely hot.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
Gaithersburg

❤❤❤❤❤ I have multiple sclerosis and do not tolerate heat well. I also have a high energy son who's involved in various sports throughout the year. I can wear ugly cooling clothes packed with ice packs, but it's just embarrassing. I want to look like a regular Mom! I keep Evian spay in the refrigerator & bring it with me for athletic practices and games. If I feel heat starting to trigger my symptoms I spritz myself with the cooled Evian and feel such relief! I still get looks from other parents, but now it's because they want a spritz too! So refreshing I wish I had a thousand cans of it! Thank you Evian
Dana E.
Dana E.
Morganville, NJ

What can this product be used for?? Also where can I find it?
Paulina R.
Paulina R.

Does this have the same affect over a full face of makeup? Will it make the makeup move around?
Merari H.
Merari H.
Pontiac, MI

Don't really understand the point of this product always want to know what it's really for
Haley W.
Haley W.
Upper darby, Pa

Does this cause any irruption for those of you with sensitive skin?
Haley R.
Haley R.
Milner, GA

Is this to keep your makeup on all day?