Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover)

by Nicholas Sparks

In the romantic tradition of The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with a story about a chance encounter that becomes a touchstone for two vastly different individuals—transcending decades, continents and the bittersweet workings of fate.

Hope Anderson is at a crossroads. At 36, she's been dating her boyfriend, an orthopedic surgeon, for six years. With no wedding plans in sight, and her father recently diagnosed with ALS, she decides to use a week at her family's cottage in Sunset Beach, North Carolina, to ready the house for sale and mull over some difficult decisions about her future.

Tru Walls has never visited North Carolina, but is summoned to Sunset Beach by a letter from a man claiming to be his father. A safari guide, born and raised in Zimbabwe, Tru hopes to unravel some of the mysteries surrounding his mother's early life and recapture memories lost with her death. When the two strangers cross paths, their connection is as electric as it is unfathomable . . . but in the immersive days that follow, their feelings for each other will give way to choices that pit family duty and personal happiness against each other in devastating ways.

Illuminating life's heartbreaking regrets and enduring hope, Every Breath explores the many facets of love that lay claim to our deepest loyalties—and asks the question, How long can a dream survive?

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover)!
I am half way through this book but I could not wait to review it because it is so good. I love the tone of the book and the author always does an amazing job of describing scenes and establishing characters. Overall, I think the storyline is pretty cool.
Centerton, AR
Nicholas sparks is a great author but if you have read multiple books by him you have practically read this one. I read it regardless and liked the characters and the story. It’s an uplifting, quick read.
This is just like the rest of the other books he has. He is a very good author. Of course I read all of his books.
Swift Current
Huge fan of Nicholas Sparks. As soon as a new book comes out I have to have it! This might be one of my favourites and hope they make a movie out of this one.