BY EVA NYC #12 in Texturizing Spray

Surf's Up! Texture Spray is a weightless spray that creates beachy waves, adds instant volume and builds lasting texture. Zeolite delivers buildable texture in a dry, matte finish, while Vitamin C & fatty acids enhance shine, nourish and repair.

• Eva NYC Surf's Up Texture Spray What kind of hair do you have?? Th...7 Answers
  • I haven't tried the Texture Spray yet only the sh...Be the first to answer!
  • Was it just me, or did anyone find this product to do nothing?2 Answers
Kindra T.
Kindra T.
Binghamton, NY
I decided to try this after trying the eva NYC dry shampoo (anther product that I love!). The smell, like everyone else has said, is really nice, just like the dry shampoo. It's very light and sweet This works great on my thin hair for pretty much every style I like (except for if I'm going for smooth and straight, of course). I use it after letting my hair air dry to enhance my natural waves and also use it to give my roots some volume and texture if I'm throwing my hair up for the day. Its gives my braids and buns some extra oomph and staying power, as well. Would highly recommend!
Sara S.
Sara S.
Cambridge, MD
I love this product. I have very curly hair and like to roll it into a bun. No other texturing spray has worked for me, until I found this one. Truly amazing. Love how I can find it at my local ulta. Wish it was carried at a walmart of target though.
Alexa R.
Alexa R.
Bolling Afb, DC
I don't particularly like hair products that make my freshly washed hair feel like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. It somewhat makes my straight/ wavy hair have more waves, but nothing crazy. It smells great though.
Chayla D.
Chayla D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff smells amazing! Subsumed I use it just for the smell. It doesn't add as much texture as I would like to my short hair. I thought it would be more of a wax spray buy it's great for what it is !
Brittney J.
Brittney J.
Collinsville, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
This texture spray is awesome! My hair is VERY flat and it really helps give me some volume! It has a great smell and its around $12 dollars at ulta. It does last all day for me!
Amber T.
Amber T.
Austin, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Sad to say this product is almost gone, I really love it in the summer. I have long hair that I wear natural, perfect for a little extra help with the beach waves!
Sue F.
Sue F.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this texturizing spray! It gives volume to my fine hair. I had to get used to the smell. However, I love it now!
Angelina C.
Angelina C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this Eva NYC Surfs Up! Texture Spray for free in a Vox Box from Influenster. Just in time too,  I had recently cut my really long hair to a shoulder-length and was in need of some sort of texturing spray to give it body/lift. Upon my first use, the nozzle clogged almost immediately. After a short spray, it just stopped. If I had been alone, I would've been bummed and written it off as a broken product, but luckily my husband was there and knew how to unclog it. I was able to use it about 4 more times before it clogged yet again, so I need to ask him to fix it again and that is a little frustrating. My first impression: it's very lightweight which I'm happy about. I don't like products that make my hair feel super heavy, gross and sticky. After a couple of uses I was better able to determine about how much to use to get a desired result -my hair is on the thicker side. It didn't have a very strong hold, so while being lightweight is a pro in my opinion, there were a few times I felt like maybe it was almost too light since I wished it could've given me somewhat more texture than what I ended up with. Scent is the next big thing I need to touch on. I like the scent, but it was too strong for my taste. It took me using it about 3 times to realize that I didn't like how strong the scent was, and seeing as how you have to spray this on your head, you're left with a somewhat strong lingering scent that follows you around. There's no getting away from it. It actually made me a bit nauseous and gave me a light headache once. So if you're sensitive to fragrance, this may not be for you, otherwise I recommend spraying it somewhere with good ventilation and then getting out of that room. I should note, once I left the area where I had applied this, I was less affected by the strength of the fragrance.While I received this product for free for testing purposes, my opinions are my own.
Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I do not like having to do this type of review's, but sometimes there are products that seem fatal and you must tell the whole truth to get people to your experience ... First of all I want to start by saying that my natural hair is quite wavy (Not to the point of being curly), but if they form a beautiful siren waves. The texturizing products I like very much, since they manage to add more dimension to my hairstyle, they are easy to apply and the finish is fantastic, but in what error I was with this product ... First of all its aroma, oh my god! I've hated it! It is like a synthetic and sweet smell that caused me a headache (super sad for this), secondly I have been trying for two weeks that the product works for me in some way ... I applied it with wet and dry hair and I have not got it The finish I wanted, the product is distributed strangely and leaves your hair extremely thick, as if it had an extra layer and the feeling to the touch is so uncomfortable and annoying that I have had to go to wash my hair right away! Then, not to be unfair in the score I decided to try to try it as a kind of lacquer (already with curlers made of machine) but again the same story ... My hair was super heavy, to the point that the 40 minutes that lasts for me Curlers throw them in the trash, again I had to go wash my hair because I could not stand the feeling ... I really am extremely disappointed, I had heard wonders of this product and for me it was a total mistake ...
Aimee L.
Aimee L.
beaumont, California
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was really looking forward to trying Eva NYC Surf's Up Texture Spray. So I was SUPER excited when I found it in my #Influenster #DarlingVoxBox.
I absolutely LOVE it!
I like to wear my hair down during the summer. But between the heat and my hair by the end of the day it looks like I haven't brushed it all day, much less styled it. So I end up just throwing it in a pony tail or bun and leaving it.
With Eva NYC Surf's Up Texture Spray I spray it on in the morning when I style my hair and at the end of the day my hair is still going strong.  My hair doesn't frizz out or go limp and die. I absolutely love not having to brush my hair EVERY five minutes!!
The only thing I had an issue with was the scent. It wasn't unpleasant, but it was REALLY strong. My kids said they could smell it in the other room. I know I could smell it all day. But it's not like anyone told me I smelled bad, so I think it was a fair trade for my hair staying nice all day. I don't think it should put you off from trying it. I've read other reviews of the product where people RAVE about how NICE it smells. So maybe it's just me. lol.
No matter what, bottom line, this product works and works above and beyond what I thought it would. I will definitely be picking up more before the summer is out.
Anny F.
Anny F.
Newark, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Eva NYC Surf's Up Texture Spray What kind of hair do you have?? Thick or thin?
pahoua y.
pahoua y.
Fresno, CA
Does this works on curly hair ?
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Fallston, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you apply this to wet or dry hair?
Nikki H.
Nikki H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Was it just me, or did anyone find this product to do nothing?
Crystal F.
Crystal F.
Is this dry shampoo? What is the best way to use this on straight hair?