Etsy
By Etsy
#3 in Craft Stores
Mary F.
Austin, TX

I love etsy but do you feel like most of their items are so much more expensive? I mean some items I looked for and considering to use for my wedding are so expensive on Etsy. I wonder if I can negotiate a lower price with the seller, have you tried to do that in the past?

Brittney W.
Brittney W.
Oxford
11 months, 4 weeks ago
A lot of stores are super over priced! But that comes with cost of using etsy in my opinion. If you are getting several items, they might give you a private listing for cheaper...I know my work does that. Some stores also have coupon codes.
Hayley W.
Hayley W.
Belchertown, MA
1 year, 1 month ago
You can definitely try to negotiate prices but for some people this is their livelihood so you may not get a markdown. If you buy in bulk you often get a discount. I mean, it is homemade stuff and you usually get an input into the creative process so prices will be higher
Brooke K.
Brooke K.
1 year, 2 months ago
Decorator Expert Level 3
Yes but it's handmade items so they are going to be pricey.
Becky C.
Becky C.
Middlesex, NJ
1 year, 7 months ago
Handmade items take a long time to make which is why they are the price they are. As an etsy seller, I would say it is definitely worth asking for a lower price if you are ordering a large amount for your wedding. Overall, remember that most of these people are working from their homes and it takes a long time to make handmade items!
Christine L.
Christine L.
Franklin Sq, NY
1 year, 9 months ago
It's totally worth asking for a discount. I found that ready made items from other stores and websites were more for generic versions. At least on etsy you can customize to your style. The more you buy the more of a discount. All they can say is no. But I found so many people were happy to do the work for a good price
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
1 year, 9 months ago
Some things are but they is mainly because they are hand made and unique
Heather P.
Heather P.
1 year, 10 months ago
Some things can be pricey but you have to keep in mind that these are handmade items its not like when you go to say target and buy a piece of decor that was made in a factory. I've never nogtiated on a price I just looked for someone who was already selling it cheaper or willing to make it cheaper because many offer custom orders where you can request what you are looking for that they may not off in their store already.
Nikkolette L.
Nikkolette L.
Edmonds, WA
1 year, 11 months ago
Ive found cute cheap stuff
A L.
A L.
1 year, 11 months ago
They are expensive
Katie M.
Katie M.
2 years, 1 month ago
Depends on who is selling it.