BY ETSY #5 in Craft Stores

Fall in love with Etsy, anywhere. Shop on the go with our free mobile apps — also available on iPhone and iPad. Discover over 17 million unique items from 800,000 sellers around the world. Explore what kindred spirits are favoriting on Etsy. Shop whenever inspiration hits.

• Who has bought from here and is it worth it?11 Answers
  • Whats your favorite item purchased from an etsy store?87 Answers
  • Is it a safe and reliable site? I'm always finding cute things on E...71 Answers
Etsy
  • "Etsy, is a great place to shop and they have almost anything you could possibly want and they sell a lot of customized items." in 195 reviews
  • "I have yet to purchase an item from Etsy but I could browse through the different unique items and shops there are available at your fingertips for hours!" in 174 reviews
  • "I am a shop owner to www.etsy.com/shop/1ChiqueStop I love making and purchasing handmade items and totally support small businesses." in 173 reviews
  • "Not only is it devaluing those of us that actually make our products by ourselves at home by offering their items dirt cheap, but now you can no longer tell if you are actually supporting a hand made shop or not." in 128 reviews
  • "The only thing i have noticed is that things seem to be quite expensive however I am a great supporter of small businesses so don't mind if the products are unique and good quaity." in 100 reviews
Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.
I love Etsy! I shop, I don't sell. I was a little iffy about how kosher the service was seeing as it's like a marketplace type website. And to be honest, I did have trouble receiving one package, but I blame that on the Post Office! The shop I bought from sent me a new shirt to another one of my addresses, no problem! If you cannot settle a dispute with a specific shop, Etsy does has a mediation option, but I haven't had to use that.

I also dislike having to pay for different shipping if you have multiple items in your cart from more than one shop, but I understand the reasoning. I've had friends say "Why don't you just buy from Amazon, you have Amazon Prime?" but seriously, some of the stuff you find on Etsy you cannot find anywhere else! They have some really unique and adorable items, it's definitely worth checking out! I use it for tank tops and gifts for friends.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Etsy is my favorite place to go when I'm looking for something very unique and handmade, especially for decorating my home or giving gifts! You're guaranteed to find something hand-crafted, higher quality than you'd get in the store, with a unique touch. Most of the pieces are relatively customizable, as they are handcrafted by the store owners, and they are truly more special than purchasing something this is mass-manufactured.

Even though things are sometimes more expensive on Etsy than they are in a chain store, I find that the difference is worth it, because you are truly getting something handmade from a small artisan, rather than a large chain store.
Dori T.
Dori T.
Oxford, AL
Make sure to message the boutique your going to purchase from to verify they are legit and to get a sense of if you can trust the person on the other side of the computer. I've only had good experiences with purchasing from esty.com however friend of mine have had very bad experiences where they ordered,paid for product, and never received the product. Esty.com resolved the conflict and got her money back and kicked the boutique off of the site. So they made it right. Just make sure you check reviews of the boutique you are ordering from so you don't have a bad experience.
Abbie M.
Abbie M.
Lemoore, CA
I LOVE ETSY! Seriously I buy so much from there. I can't even pick a favorite purchase because I love everything. Etsy is one of the first places I look for an item that I want because they have almost EVERYTHING!!! Love love love. I've never had ANY issues at all and all the shops I've worked with through etsy have been AWESOME and so kind and willing to do so much. I ordered a bracelet once and then lost it and the lady no longer made them but I told her why it was so significant to me and she custom made me a new one and had it shipped within just a couple days!!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Lansing, MI
I really do love etsy. I own a shop on etsy so I guess my review is coming from that side of things. It's a great way for artists to get their work "out there". The problem I've found is that there are a lot of companies who have ways of manufacturing multiple items to sell super cheap and it's not all "locally" owned businesses on here anymore. That kinda makes me sad because all these reproduced things are being sold instead of one of a kind items. It also makes if more difficult for those of us that are only one person trying to sell their art.
Asma A.
Asma A.
Jackson Hts, NY
I love Etsy. Etsy has a huge selection of everything handmade and or vintage. not just handmade items but all the tools are now find here also. from home decor, to any thing diy. perfect for gift shopping. i have purchased a lot of things from etsy and i never had any problem. people think it's over priced, but don't forget it's not something made in 5 minutes someone has put effort in to making this themselves and they have to count their work hours in to the price. selling is just as easy as buying. Etsy is so much fun!
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Decorator Expert
The selection of things you can buy on Etsy is amazing. I've bought some great items, beautifully handmade and not. Most recently I bought a Gretsch Drum clock, and it was delivered within 5 days from Idaho, seller was ridiculously fast! Never had a bad experience, and everything I've ever bought has been excellent quality. I've gotten a clock, a laser cut NYS shaped necklace, a vintage spoon ring, a gorgeous quote printed on sheet music, a vintage pinup light switch plate, and a piece of fine Irish drink ware.
Raleigh L.
Raleigh L.
Burbank, CA
Etsy is the greatest! It has an enormous selection of amazingly creative things all across the spectrum from talented individuals all over the world. I've purchased beautiful art, clothing, homemade teas, bedding, jewelry, costume pieces, hair accessories, makeup, and even christmas gifts. There's always the risk of unreliable shops, as you're working directly with sellers, but Etsy makes it super easy to open a case if you don't receive a package. I would give this site 6 stars if I could.
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
This is the place to go for a wide selection of hand-crafted products from jewelry to makeup, and even baked goods! Perfect to send these to someone as gifts. All the purchases I have made have been good quality. My boyfriend got me a knitted mermaid tail blanket through Etsy and I love it. I would definitely recommend chatting with the store and doing research first before making a purchase as scamming can happen on this site. (Just bought a unicorn hoodie for an upcoming fest, yay!)
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I absolutely love etsy, it's the perfect market for creativity and online shopping. You can buy just about anything on here from the endless list of shops, like knitted hats to fabric, to jewelry making supplies to vintage items and so much more all at the click of a button through an easy checkout system. Etsy offers a unique shopping experience that is both customizable and personal. I highly recommend visiting etsy if you haven't, you're bound to find something you love.
Hannah I.
Hannah I.
Whats your favorite item purchased from an etsy store?
Megan F.
Megan F.
Kaukauna, WI
Is it a safe and reliable site? I'm always finding cute things on Etsy but I'm unsure about purchasing on there..anyone been hacked or had a problem with it?
Natalie H.
Natalie H.
loma linda, CA
What's Your favorite thing to browse on Etsy?
Mary Beth M.
Mary Beth M.
Bolton, MA
Have you had good experiences getting products within a timely manner?
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Do you own an Etsy shop?