BY STEVEN SPIELBERG

Re-live the adventure and magic in one of the most beloved motion pictures of all-time, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, from Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg. Captivating audiences of all ages, this timeless story follows the unforgettable journey of a lost alien and the 10-year-old boy he befriends. Join Elliott (Henry Thomas), Gertie (Drew Barrymore) and Michael (Robert MacNaughton) as they come together to help E.T. find his way back home. Now digitally remastered with enhanced picture and sound for its 30th Anniversary, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial forever belongs in the hearts and minds of audiences everywhere.

• Did anyone have that E.T. toy that talked and moved its a...10 Answers
  • Was anyone else extremely afraid of E.T. As a child? I am...14 Answers
  • Have your kids seen this? mine wouldn't watch it7 Answers
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
  • "This is a classic movie that almost everyone knows, even if they haven't seen it." in 10 reviews
  • "Loved this as a kid and still do :) great movie for the kids and parents of all ages" in 5 reviews
  • "The first one I saw in the theaters and the first time I ever realized that cinema could make you feel something so deeply." in 5 reviews
Eric S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
For most directors, a film like E.T. The Extra Terrestrial would mark the pinnacle of their filmography. It is a near perfect movie in every way. The effects are well-executed, the cast - both child and adult - are perfect in their roles (young Drew Barrymore is absolutely adorable), and not a minute of the two hour runtime feels wasted.

Spielberg is a masterful storyteller, adding little touches that elevate this simple story to being an unforgettable classic.

Whether young or old, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial deserves your attention.
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
This has seriously been one of my favorite movies since I was young. I remember having an E.T themed birthday party when I was four, I love this movie so much, it is just such an amazing movie to watch.
Melissa F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of the very best movies of my childhood. Great actors and great movie writing. Even my kids love this now, all these years later. This is the kind of movie that you remember the words to and you will never forget. This is a must watch in my book!
Sara I.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
It's an okay movie. I watched it for the first time maybe a month ago, because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I would watch this movie again with someone else, but not on my own or for my own entertainment. I didn't see what it was all hyped up to be and I couldn't get into the movie no matter what I told myself. At least now I can say I have indeed watched the movie.
Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I always felt bad for E.T. I mean he gets left on a strange planet, is stranded and is probably scared while learning what earthlings are like and what they do, gets checked by the government and fights to go home (Fave part was the Quiet Man scene). Drew Barrymore was adorable as a little girl. This is always a great classic to watch with the kids
Laura F.
Stevens Point, WI
A classic movie! E.T. is a great movie for children and teaches good lessons. Growing up with this movie, I don't understand how one can dislike it. Not only is there a silly alien in the movie, young Drew Barrymore plays an adorable role.
Sabrina G.
Norwell, MA
This movie is such a classic! I grew up watching this movie and it being on the tv during family parties and friend gatherings. Sometimes kids do get afraid of et because of how he looks but many do fall in love with the connection he ends up having with the family. I highly recommend!
Aubrey V.
Lake City, MI
This is a classic movie that almost everyone knows, even if they haven't seen it. It's a movie that will live on forever, a movie that we will show our kids and grandkids for years to come. It's funny, sad, adventurous, and so much more, a movie that is a must in any movie lovers collection.
Baylee M.
Wyoming, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
There is no way this movie is for children. I remember watching it when I was very young and being terrified, specifically due to the quarantine scene. Parents, before allowing your kids to watch this make sure they don't scare well and have a clear concept of death.
Samantha P.
I remember being little staying the weekend with my grandparents. We watched this movie. All of a sudden, I started bawling my eyes out because E.T. wanted to go home and I suddenly wanted to go home too. The first movie to ever bring me to tears. Cult classic!
Felicia J.
Rockeood, Mi
Was anyone else extremely afraid of E.T. As a child? I am not sure what it is about him I know he's friendly but I was terrified!
Courtney T.
New Orleans, LA
Did anyone have that E.T. toy that talked and moved its arms? That thing was creepy.
Kimberly C.
Spiro, OK
Have your kids seen this? mine wouldn't watch it
Charl L.