Kat J.
Review for: Shock & Awe - Ultra Matte more...
I received a cardboard one-time use sample of this lipstick with an Ulta order.

First off, props to Estée Lauder. This sample was super genius, and easy to try out. You pull off the plastic top layer, fold the cardboard, and just press your lips closed against it. I wish all lipstick samples were as effortless as this!!

Now, onto the actual product. The shade I tried was Shock And Awe, which is a beautiful bright pink and is one of the few ultra matte shades of the collection. The texture of the lipstick was creamy and comfortable on my lips,... I used the sample with no lip liner or lip primer (I wanted to see if it feathered or bled). And so, I went about my day.

I laughed, I talked, I ate and drank,... I checked on my lips a few times at first, and then waited until the very end of the day to see how it held up. When I first checked it, I was pleased to notice that it hadn’t feathered at all. That’s something that is incredibly rare to find in a bullet lipstick. It stayed matte and true to color, but it didn’t dry out my lips or cake up at all. When I ate and drank, I noticed this lipstick transferred everywhere (so I didn’t have high hopes about what my lips were gonna look like at the end of the day). However, I was extremely impressed! While the color had faded slightly, it wasn’t completely gone! It looked more like a raspberry lip stain, and there was plenty left on my lips (especially impressive considering that I saw so much transferring). I was very pleased with the performance and wear of this lipstick, and while the shade Shock & Awe may not be my go-to everyday shade, I will gladly buy one of these Pure Color Love lipsticks! I can’t wait to choose from the large color variety available!