Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 8N1 Espresso - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 7W1 Deep Spice - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 7N1 Deep Amber - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 7C1 Rich Mahogany - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6W2 Nutmeg - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 1C0 Shell - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 1N1  Ivory Nude - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 1W1 Bone - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 1W2 Sand - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2C0 Cool Vanilla - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2W0 Warm Vanilla - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2C1 Pure Beige - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2N2 Buff - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2W2 Rattan - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3C1 Dusk - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3W1.5 Fawn - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3W2 Cashew - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 4W1 Honey Bronze - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 4N2 Spiced Sand - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 4W2 Toasty Toffee - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5N1 Rich Ginger - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5W1 Bronze - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5N2 Amber Honey - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6N1 Mocha - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3N2 Wheat - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 1C1 Cool Bone - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3N1 Shell Beige - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3N1 Ivory Beige - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5W2 Rich Caramel -  Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6W1 SandalWood - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3C2 Pebble - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 3W1 Tawny - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 2C3 Fresco - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6C1 Rich Cocoa - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6N2 Truffle - Neutral Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5C1 Rich Chestnut - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 4C3 Softan - Cool/Rosy Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 5W1.5 Cinnamon - Warm/Golden Undertone
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup 6C2 Pecan - Cool/Rosy Undertone

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #2 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Transfer resistant.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 162 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...14 Answers
NICOLE H.
Seattle, WA
Foto

Before I begin ranting on about this foundation I will just say this so everyone can see it: CLINIQUE SELLS $2 PUMPS THAT FIT THE BOTTLE FOR DOUBLE WEAR. You ladies can thank me later although I'm unlikely to be the first to discover this ☺
I might be an unusual buyer of this foundation because my skin is neither oily or acne prone. I guess people figure if you have decent skin you'd definitely prefer the ultra lightweight skin-perfecting type of base that are flooding the market these days. I like them and while I do have a few of those in my collection I own this too because every girl needs to have a full coverage foundation in her collection. This is just damn good. I don't care who you are. I wear two shades, 1N1 Ivory Nude and 2N1 Desert Beige. Ivory Nude is a brilliant match for me in my palest state and I have Desert Beige around for when I am indulging the good ol' fake tan. I have to day that Estee Lauder's shade range for this foundation is fantastic, expansive and modern. I wish some other companies like Dior and Chanel would wake up and jump on that bandwagon. That might seem like a snarky dig but I just tried Dior's new reformulated version of their Diorskin Forever foundation and was actually a little appalled to be honest. The color selection reminded me of the unfortunate peachy orange days of the 90's and the coverage has been drastically decreased. They did themselves a big disservice... which is how I ended up with Double Wear. Anyways this stuff has a very pretty soft matte finish and can last through a zombie apocalypse. It's also noticeably less expensive than pretty much every other high end foundation out there. I'd say the biggest challenge with this baby is making sure you get ALL of it off at night or else you risk clogged pores and subsequent breakouts. I also recommend wearing either a silicone or hydrating primer underneath to create a barrier between your skin and this foundation. Another huge plus is that the color you put on your face in the morning will be the same color you see 2, 5, 8, 11 hours later. This stuff doesn't oxidize. What you see is what you get and I love that. No unattractive peachy pink tinge in daylight (unless you select a color from the cool undertone category which leans on the pink side.)
All in all I can't say I'm impressed because everyone knows how amazing this makeup is but I think pretty much everyone can wear it and it's been a staple for so long for a reason.
Amanda P.
Norwalk, OH
I really had high hopes for Double Wear after reading so many good reviews. The formula was to heavy for my skin and made me break out but the coverage is amazing.
Claudette F.
Grande Prairie, AB
My current foundation. This is the 10th foundation ive tried in the past year. Its a little heavy feeling but it sure does work great. It gives me full coverage that i need and it stays all day with minimal creasing
Lois F.
Bridgeport, OH
Review for: Other more...
I couldn't find the double wear on the go compact however it's the same foundation but in a different package. I'll post a picture. This review will reflect the compact instead of the bottle. The compact is a little big however it's carrying foundation lol you push a button and a nice amount comes out. It comes with a soft pad sponge like a beauty blender. It's made for on the go very convenient I use it either way lol it is full coverage however not thick like cakey. It's actually amazing it doesn't feel heavy but covers everything it makes me look like a Porcelain well my skin. Makes it appear perfectly smooth and I cannot get enough of it. It is definitely a must have for EVERYONE
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Abigail D.
I am obsessed with foundation. I've been on a long quest to find one that would be my holy grail. It is a frustrating process to find the formula that works best for you. I remember when I first started using make up years ago, someone gifted me this but it was the wrong shade. Since then, Kat Von D has been my go-to; although it has been more consistent than others, it is still too much for everyday wear sometimes (although I can't bash it too much because it has been there for me during the sweatiest of workouts and the hottest summer days). I recently tried Too Faced's Born This Way because it received so much hype and it was a waste of money. This foundation is the same price and WAY better quality and blendability. I recently returned to this foundation and will never look back. Coverage is buildable and does not look cakey. I've come to the conclusion that all foundations/liquid makeup crease in some capacity, but this barely does! I really don't even need concealer with this foundation, which is awesome because I have fair skin with dark undereye circles and redness in my blemishes. For reference, my skin type is combination: very dry undereye as well as all over yet I still have breakouts somewhat often. This will NOT disappoint. The *one* issue I guess is the packaging -- it doesn't have a pump and you have to shake it out yourself, but that would NEVER deter me from re-purchasing this. I'm in love!!!!
Kristina N.
Thomaston, CT
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER 108 Large Foundation Brush and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
This foundation is good for oily skin. It’s slightly heavy on the skin but it’s full coverage. It covers many concerns that most of us have on our skin and it’s a reasonable price. I recommend it to all who have oily skin.
Melina G.
I've been using this foundation for more than 5 years now and have to say this is by far the best foundation. I have dry skin and my T-zone tends to get oily throughout the day and this foundation doesn't make me look too cakey, doesn't leave dry patches and it doesn't make my T zone look very oily. I don't use primer or powder which is bit surprising how long the foundation alone lasts. I either use flat brush or even my hands to apply this foundation it all depends on you. The colour range for this foundation is just wonderful as every women can find their shade. I use NC 20 (for MAC) and for double wear foundation I use 'Sand' shade. I would say this foundation has medium to high coverage, it hides all my acne scars, redness and even massive pimple that is about to pop anytime without making it obvious that I have huge pimple underneath my foundation. (I don't use concealer). During summer I always want to try foundation that is more lighter so my skin can breathe but every time I try other foundation, it would leave dry patches, fine lines and at the end of the day I would look like grease ball.. After that I would just return to using double wear, it's like my skin needs this foundation no matter what. And no your skin won't breakout even if you use this during summer. I even go jogging, hiking and clubbing, your foundation won't budge a little. The price can be expensive for some, like it was for me , but trust me it is worth every penny. Little goes long way for this foundation and I'd say it's better to buy this which lasts months and months than repurchasing foundation every now or so.
Halee H.
Spicewood
this foundation is unbelievable!! it’s so amazing for my oily skin and has such a nice coverage, not to full coverage! it’s not drying at all and lasts all day!! i have sweat, cried, partied, and even swam with this foundation and it doesn’t budge. in love
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?

Sephora