BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Transfer resistant.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 162 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...12 Answers
Linn L.
California
Review for: 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
I am wowed by this product. I've seen people review about this foundation and was very sketpical at first. Finally I pulled the trigger and bought this to try it. I don't know how I lived without this foundation before. It's amazing for combination skin (especially for more oily skin types). It keeps my makeup looking matte and flawless ALL DAY LITERALLY. It also doesn't budge once you put it on. Like an example is, I wear glasses and sunglasses. Whether I use glasses for the evenings or even being indoor, my foundation normally rubs on the nose part of my glasses. I used this foundation yesterday while spending a nice Sunday out with my family at Universal Studios in 70F weather and my makeup DID NOT BUDGE. No rubbing on my sunglasses and it looked flawless ALL DAY regardless how cool or warm it was outside. Absoltely amazing. This foundation does not come with a pump but it can be purchased seperately. I've seen people do without it but I don't feel comfortable pouing it out to use when I barely used much myself. My regular Lancome foundation I probably use about 6-7 pumps to get the type of coverage I want when I put on makeup. This particular foundation I only needed 3 pumps and it already gave me medium to near full coverage which is super amazing. That means less product, more coverage and the formula is just WOW. Now I'm going to switch my foundation over once I run out of my lancome and will only be purchasing this foundation as it has done wonders for me!
MARYMARGARETTE G.
Skokie, IL
I really wanted to "Love" this foundation right out of the gate. I had heard/read over 50 reviews, and every one of them had four or five stars.

Although I did like Estee Lauder Matte doundation a lot I had to figure out how best to wear it for me, and I did.

First let's start with the positives. 1., The wearability in terms of time is accurate. I did not stay up 24 hours but, I put in a full day's work and was running around and sweaty and only once did I have to apply a light veil of powder. That in and of itself is pretty amazing .

2. The color match is spot-on, and pretty, not flat looking.

3., This foundation goes on very easily, it's very easy to blend for perfect coverage.
4., When they say matte the mean matte.

I understand the product is supposed to be matte which is great, but this is so matte it can be drying and that's why it doesn't have a fifth star. Now for people who are super super oily this will be a home run! Woman who are mid-50s, like myself,who have both dry and oily skin it's a little bit more complicated.

I do love the matte look, just not the cracked matte look.So the trick to make this perfect for me was to add a tiny drop of oil, either into your skin on each side, or preferably mixing it and then applying it with a beauty blender,then brushing it smooth. Which ever way you blend this, you are makeup is still going to look incredibly matte, it will just now have a little more flexibility on your face.
Awsome Foundation Esteé!!
Yanna Z.
miami
This is my ALL TIME favorite foundation. I discovered it two years ago when browsing through the makeup sections in Macy’s and I have been hooked since. I originally went to a different counter but the reps paid me no mind and at Estée Lauder they were so eager to put it on me and listened to my full coverage needs and applied it alone with no concealer underneath and it was beautiful. It looked like my real skin. She matched me to the correct color immediately. Unfortunately, that color was sold out every time I tried and purchase it but they give you enough samples to last for awhile. I was so amazed at how this foundation doesn’t transfer at all ( that was a huge problem of mine on the collars of my shirts, on others shirts when hugging them, when touching my face, seatbelts, etc ) but this one stays in place even if you rub it vigorously with your hand. It is also waterproof. The only downside is that it gives flashbacks and has a white cast if you take a picture with flash. It also did not smother me and make me oily or break out! Which is saying a lot because I have sensitive skin. The tiniest amount goes a long way.
Britta F.
Sanbornton, NH
Purchased at: Macy's
This used to be my go to foundation and I plan on picking a new one up there are so many different shades for so many different skin types and tone this used to be my go to foundation and I plan on picking a new one up there are so many different shades for so many different skin tones that everyone can find their true match of the shade they need this is a true full coverage foundation and will last all day it even holds up in very humid weather. One thing I will say about this foundation is that it does drive down pretty quickly so applying it as quickly as possible is the best application in my personal opinion, then setting it with a setting powder the end product: you will get very lasting full coverage foundation on your face all day It does not transfer and will not budge it truly is one of those all-time favorite foundations for me and many others it works well on all different types of skin including all oily and dry it just depends on how you apply it and if you need setting powder to set the foundation in place if you have more of a dry skin type you may not need to set it with powder.
Portia E.
Purchased at: ULTA
My favorite everyday foundation. I have extremely oily skin and often have a hard time staying matte throughout the day. This foundation is the only foundation I’ve found that truly keeps me matte for hours. Not only that, but the finish is beautiful.

When I’m out and about the first thing I look at when I catch myself in a mirror is my face and that’s to critique how everything is holding with the thought of “How bad do I look now? ☹️” But ever since I’ve started wearing this foundation I’ve realized that my face is last the last thing I check because I’m now so use to my skin looking and staying flawless and matte throughout the day that there’s never a reason to “make sure”.

Another thing that I love about this foundation is that I don’t have to use primer or setting powder for it to stay put all day. So for the price you’re really getting your money’s worth.
Molly K.
Purchased at: Lord & Taylor
I love this foundation so much! It is perfect for my skin type (combination), but I have heard from my more oily friends that they enjoy it for oily skin as well! It doesn’t transfer onto clothing which is amazing. It did not break me out even after I consistently wore it for a week and a half. The smell isn’t my favorite but it goes away and isn’t too bad. They have a LARGE color range and I usually find it hard to match foundation for myself, but with the help of an employee at Lord and Taylor, I was able to find my shade. It does not crease, I do not get oily/shiny spots, it does not need powder over it, and it doesn’t come off with sweat! This is the best foundation, and my new favorite! I
Emily C.
Oakhill
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone more...
I've tried many foundations, but this one beats them all!!! Although quite pricey it stays on all day and doesn't leave an oily residue. I have normal to combination skin and it feels great and looks great. If you want good coverage then this is the one to go for as its better than Clinique, Lancôme, Mac, Chanel and Elizabeth Arden but you must try it for yourself go and get a sample just to see the difference, it's free and you've got nothing to lose, I know I wouldn't use anything else x
amanda p.
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone more...
I discovered this little gem a little over a year ago when I had thrown in the towel on finding a foundation that would stay put on my oil slick face in the deep south's humid climate during the summer. I had tried countless other foundations before trying this out and I was so relieved to have found it! The variety of shades are plenty, and the staying power is unbelievable! I put my foundation on over 50spf then follow with a little powder and I'm good until bedtime. I don't have to touch up or slide my make up back into place. This is my go to foundation that I will repurchase again and again!
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Roselyn V.
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone, 2W2 Rattan - Warm/Golden Undertone, 3N1 Ivory Beige - Neutral Undertone, 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone, 3W1 Tawny - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
Is there a makeup in the market that lasts longer than this one? No way Jose. Worth every penny. You can make this foundation work with any skin type, even with dry skin although is super matte. Just use a good moisturizer and a dewy primer. Oily skin? This might be the only foundation out there that would resist those crazy amounts of oil you produce. No matter how many different brands I try, I always go back to this foundation when I need reliability. Best and longest lasting foundation in the market. One thin layer is all you need. Too much and it would look caky.
Viridiana C.
Solana Beach, CA
Does This Really Work For People Who Have Oily Skin?
Mikayla C.
Toronto, ON
How does this wear on oily skin? Im looking for something that stays matte and keeps put throughout the day.
Lacee L.
Gonzales, LA
What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee lauder counter?
Mykenzie M.
I'm thinking this will be my next foundation purchases. I've only heard great things about it. Reviews? How are the colors? Where can you buy it. I don't think my Sephora carries it anymore. Thanks.
Nadine N.
Is this foundation suitable for oily skin ?