Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Estée Lauder NEW SHADES Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup more...
I heard so many rave reviews about this foundation, but could never bring myself to pull the trigger due to the high price tag. Here's the thing: I'm an oily girl, and I love a good full coverage, matte foundation. This sounded like it hit all my bases, so I took a deep breath and purchased my first bottle...and it was love at first application.

This foundation is no joke. The packaging is luxurious, though I DO wish it came with a pump. The foundation itself is a thicker formula, but it blends out over the skin beautifully with a damp beauty sponge. This is a medium-full coverage foundation, leaning more towards the full coverage side of that scale. The finish is matte, which I love, and this stuff truly does cover any discoloration or imperfections that I may be experiencing.

Double Wear truly does Stay-In-Place, all day long. I set it with powder and setting spray, and I don't have to worry about my makeup until I remove it at night, and like I said, I'm an oily girl...so color me impressed. This foundation is a definite splurge, but it remains my holy grail foundation. You can't beat the staying power and the coverage. Estee Lauder, bravo.